Group Purchasing Manager - Precision Engineering
Group Procurement / Purchasing Manager required for a leading precision machining / engineering manufacturing business in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
They are currently looking for a Group Purchasing Manager to lead their procurement supply chain team, and manage day to day and strategic matters.
The company employs several hundred staff across a small number of sites.
This role will form an integral part of operational support.
With a strong, background in purchasing and supply chain management, the candidate will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and developing the department.
The role is key to leading the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering strategic sourcing, delivery and quality targets.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high calibre manufacturing procurement / purchasing / supply chain professional to take on a career-defining role within a successful engineering business.
- Purchasing Manager with multi-site / international experience
- Substantial previous experience in a Senior Purchasing role
- Educated to Degree Level - preferable
- CIPS qualification beneficial
- Experience in the Aerospace / Automotive / Precision Engineering industry advantageous
- Prepared to travel within group locations as required
Responsibilities, Skills & Experiences
- Full responsibility for spend of c£40m year with £35m of this being Material.
- Full member of the Senior Management team, setting the tone, strategy and direction of the company
- Lead, manage and develop the purchasing teams at two sites, one in Leeds, the other in the Midlands
- Deliver cost and price reduction programs in line with business expectations
- Lead the purchasing activity for new product introduction
- Lead the negotiation and implementation of robust LTA’s to support the business long term
- Develop, implement and maintain KPI’s to ensure optimization of departmental performance
- Carry our Corporate wide benchmarking and saving activities
- Adhere to all company policy’s and procedures, including SOX, Code of Conduct and Health and Safety
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Vice President/Managing Director
- Strong people management skills, with ability to focus and drive staff to achieve results in a pressurised environment to strict deadlines.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques
- Management and coordination of purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance
- International sourcing experience required
- MRP/ERP experience required
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Self-motivated and confident when taking responsibility for all areas of work
- Proven Project management Skills
- Excellent analytical skills in order to monitor and manage KPI’s
- Good IT, written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with excellent motivational leadership skills
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including suppliers and internal/external customers.
This excellent multi-site role offers a salary c£55 - 57K, car allowance, and other benefits to include quarterly bonus and private healthcare.
Please apply if you feel that you meet the above expectations.
- Rate: Excellent Negotiable + Package
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Technical Placements Ltd
- Contact: Tim Hill
- Tel: 01303 263000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TP1920
- Posted: 2016-09-16 17:14:23 -
- View all Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Tool Maker
- Project Engineer
- Bricklayer Instructor
- VAN HGV Estimator
- Process Improvement Manufacturing Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- CNC Product Engineering Manager
- Multi-skilled maintenance engineer
- CNC Machinist
- Quality Engineer
- Production Planner
- Foundry Production Operatives Machinists
- Bench Hand Polisher
- CNC Machinist - 5 Axis
- Key Account Manager Aerospace
- Process Plant Engineering Manager
- Aerospace Group Engineering Manager
- QHSE Compliance Manager
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter