Unified Technology Engineer (1st and 2nd level Support)
Our client, Ven Systems, are recruiting a Unified Technology Engineer (1st and 2nd level Support) to be based at their offices in EC2.
With a fully integrated customer portal based upon Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the business is now growing its Unified Services division.
Based in Shoreditch the business has international clients with managed services for Cisco Meraki VPN networks, Mobility Fleet Management, Hosted iPBX (Mobile App, Polycom, Skype for Business), Office 365, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint and Windows Server networks.
They are run by a technical team that know how to develop and nurture talent.
The role will be technically and operationally diverse, with liaison between suppliers, clients, management, support staff, and operational colleagues.
The primary function will be to provide 1st or 2nd Level support customer end-users and log the case notes and time undertaken into their Microsoft Dynamics CRM case management system, for which they customise in-house.
Initially, the support will mainly focus on desktop operating systems, Microsoft office/Office 365, mobile devices and fixed line/VoIP extensions.
Moving forward you will be able to develop skills in customer IT management sessions with a view to consultative approaches.
The role should be developed with a view to one of two paths; Infrastructure Engineer or a Helpdesk Team Leader, with a potential to move on to become a Senior Engineer specialising in any of the technologies they provide.
Onsite work will be required at times, and you will be armed with their engineering App, which will feed you the tasks assigned to close the installation cases.
Remote Helpdesk: Monitor helpdesk requests from clients and operations team, providing solutions to the issues remotely or onsite.
Entering timesheets as per the customers support program.
Following, Creating and Updating knowledge base art on job completion if required.
Following tasks assigned from case templates for standardised builds of PC's, Mobile Devices, Users, etc.
Onsite Support: If necessary, provide clients onsite support as per client contract, liaising with other team members and adhering to client Service Level Agreement.
Site Installation: Occasional installations onsite will be required, and you will be provided pre-installation data sheets or have tasks assigned to you via our engineering App.
Research and Development: To research and test new systems and technologies in-house, and onsite with clients when authorised.
Training: Training will be provided on new systems.
All costs of exams undertaken to support the role will be paid as part of your expense account.
In-house Systems: to help implement and maintain VEN Systems' internal operations.
Maintain the CRM Database : all our customer objects are recorded in our CRM System, and accessible for customers through our internet portal.
We maintain a history of transactions made for every user, PC, mobile device, telephone extension, SIM card, DDI, sharer, licence, etc.
* Short-Term : To work within the team to support our client end-users, helping to nurture the 1st level team of junior helpdesk support technicians.
* Medium-Term : To develop your skills and gain certifications to gain promotion in to either a Team Leader or Infrastructure Engineer.
* Long-Term : Management Path : To progress with a view of helpdesk analytics and team leader management or project management within Infrastructure or Cloud projects.
* Ultimately - To share in guiding VEN Systems strategy to a Tech Track 100 company within 3 years.
* Desirable: IP Routing, Firewall Configuration, Office 2003/2007, Dell Hardware, VoIP (Asterisk, Cisco, Polycom, Snom, Trixbox), Sharepoint, iPhone, Windows Mobile, RIM/Blackberry Enterprise, AutoCAD, Acrobat Technologies, Multifunctional Devices (Ricoh, Canon, etc.)
* Required: Windows XP/2007, Windows Server 2003/08, Windows Small Business Server 2003/08, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/07/10 and several of the above.
At least 18-months commercial experience supporting end-users within Windows desktop and/or Office 365.
The role requires an exceptional ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with other members of the team.
We are hoping the successful applicant will possess strong process analysis, self initiative, reliability, and a thoughtful and caring outlook to others.
Education: Preferably Microsoft Certified in Office, Office 365 or a Desktop O/S.
Good spoken and written English is essential, with at least a C grade at GCSE.
Hours : 09:00-17:30, 1h Lunch
Salary £18,000-24,000 pa Basic + OT
Please send your updated CV to email@example.com
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Client Executive Transport & Logistics
- Love Your Liver Events Co-ordinator
- Domestic Cleaners or Experienced Couple
- Financial Administrator
- Security System Engineer
- 1st / 2nd line Service Desk Engineer
- Social Media Intern ( paid) ACOT123
- Commercial Finance Broker
- Office Administrator
- Independent Financial Planner
- Sous Chef
- Software Developer / Development Engineer
- Store Manager - Spalding
- Registered Nurse (RMN) (RGN)
- Software Support & Development Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Bus / Coach Mechanic
- Employer?s Agent / Project Manager