Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
Our client, LandmarkFM, are recruiting a Mechanical & Electrical Engineer to be based at their offices in West London.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of mechanical and electrical duties along with any plumbing and general handyman activities as required at any of the premises managed by the Company.
Tuesday : Saturday early/late days but may change dependant on work load & requirements, work predominantly in West London, part of a team of engineers.
Qualifications and Experience Required
* Must have excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining commercial building plant and systems
* Time served apprenticeship in relevant electrical or mechanical trade
* Full UK driver's license
* th Edition + be familiar with current electrical regulations
* Must hold current valid CSCS Card or Equivalent i.e.
ECS with Health Safety and environment test.
* Experienced at using BMS i.e.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
M & E activities
* Carry out daily plant walk to check condition and operation of all plant and equipment, note any faults and report repairs to helpdesk administrator
* Carrying out any planned maintenance and subsequent remedial repair activities on all mechanical and electrical plant
* Carry out planned maintenance activities on VAV's, fan coils and other building HVCA plant for which they have been trained.
* Carry out installations and repairs on mechanical plant including bellows on an LCS (barrel pipework system), valves, actuators, pumps etc
* Investigate electrical faults, identify issues and repair.
* Carry out and certified any electrical installations as required.
* Ensuring assigned work is completed within requisite timescales and the client is satisfied with the work carried out
General Building / Fabric Maintenance
* Carry out check of building fabric condition on a weekly basis.
* Carry out ad hoc building fabric repairs as necessary.
* Touch up paintwork and decorations as required.
* Clearing of toilet blockages.
* Carrying out general handyman and repair activities.
* Ensuring assigned work is completed within requisite timescales and the client is satisfied with the work carried out.
Health & Safety activities
* Carry out monthly water temperature checks.
* Carry out weekly emergency lighting and annual drain down tests / checks.
* Carry out emergency lighting tests to planned programme
* Maintain all Statutory Compliance check details in the required manner
* Carry out all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with the
Company's Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
* Liaising with suppliers in sourcing and obtaining required parts and obtaining relevant information to pass on to helpdesk where required.
* Preparing purchase order requests, detailing requirements to the Company's Administrator for the order to be placed.
* Ensure the Maintenance Offices and stores are kept in a clean and tidy condition
* Ensure contractors and others leave building in a clean and tidy condition after carrying out work.
* Carry out all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with the Company's Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
* Present a professional and friendly image to all clients, customers and potential customers
* Complete all daily and weekly paperwork accurately and punctually
* When on call monitor phone and respond to all call outs in a timely fashion.
* When on call monitor phone and respond to all call outs in a timely
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Must have excellent organisation and communication skills
* Computer literate, at minimum must be experienced with Word & Excel
* Must be able to and experienced at keeping up to date PPM record folders and keeping them up to date including statutory compliance and sub contracted works
* Must be experienced at compiling written quotations and turning them around in good time
* Must be experienced at sourcing parts and services and dealing with suppliers on a daily basis
* Must have excellent diagnostic , problem solving skills
* Must have a can do attitude and tenacity toward completing allocated work
* Ideally living in West London
* Flexible with working hours
* Participate in on call rota
* Must have excellent personal hygiene
The company will require that you undergo a CRB check (The company will apply for this on behalf of the successful candidate.
The candidate must however, gain this clearance to continue employment with the company)
40 hr week + Overtime
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days annual leave
* Annual performance related bonus
* Training and progression available
* Mobile phone provided,
* Access to company vehicle when required
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Architectural Technologist
- Independent Financial Planner
- Client Executive Transport & Logistics
- Love Your Liver Events Co-ordinator
- Domestic Cleaners or Experienced Couple
- Financial Administrator
- Security System Engineer
- Commercial Finance Broker
- 1st / 2nd line Service Desk Engineer
- Office Administrator
- Social Media Intern ( paid) ACOT123
- Software Support & Development Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Bus / Coach Mechanic
- Employer?s Agent / Project Manager
- Warehouse Operative - Timber Yard
- Construction Health and Safety Professional