Business Development Manager – Waste Management
Business Development Manager – Waste Management
We require a sales development manager to maintain key account business and manage commercial activities for the UK’s leading waste battery collector and recycler.
Circa £32K + Pension + Excellent Holiday Entitlement+ Benefits
Location- Central UK
Ideal base location – Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Telford, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Coventry, Stoke, Worcester, Hereford
Forming part of a global group our client has been established for in excess of 30 years and is the UK’s leading waste collector and recycler of batteries.
To continue with their growth and development, and aligned with internal promotion an excellent opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and professional individual, to work in a business development and commercial capacity for the company.
- Your role will focus heavily around all commercial and sales activities of the business.
- You will specifically work with the company MD to help establish commercial income for the company particularly focusing on the development of key accounts and national account business.
- Additionally your remit will include following up commercial / sales leads, monitoring and analysing market trends and competitor activity, as well as exploring and improving existing products and services with a view to maximising profitability.
As the conduit for all commercial activities for the business, communication with all elements of the business will be vital.
- You will also assist the company MD in preparing and negotiating strategic contracts in addition to making both formal and informal presentations.
Analysing and studying market / industry trends are also conducive to the role.
- Keeping abreast of changing standards and introduction of new waste and recycling legislation is also key, as many incremental opportunities are likely to arise from changing and new legislations.
This role is an integral commercial position therefore you will need to work closely specifically with the commercial team relating to all business development activities and commercial opportunities for the company.
- We seek an enthusiastic, commercially driven individual with a flare for sales & business development activities and customer facing skills.
- Our ideal candidate will need to have worked in a commercial, customer facing or business development capacity for between 3-5 years and feel comfortable with fronting key / national accounts.
- We seek a creative individual able to respond well under pressure with high levels of resilience and energy.
- You will need to be able to work un-supervised on your own initiative, whilst also proactively contributing and forming an integral of the commercial team.
- Additionally you will need to be an exceptional communicator with an ability to effectively manage your work load and time.
- You will also require a high level of computer literacy in particular all of the common Microsoft packages.
- Ideally we seek an up and coming professional keen for growth and continued exposure in a jointcommercial and business development capacity.
- Individuals with a background in batteries in some capacity would be ideal however we are exceptionally keen to hear from individuals with experience in allied sectors such as waste management, re-cycling or related automotive / industrial service industries.
This is an excellent opportunity with a forward thinking company who offer excellent career prospects, growth and stability based on achievement.
The Way Forward
Should you wish to be considered for the role of Commercial Sales / Business Development Managerplease email your CV to Claire Thomas of Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
REF 2395 CT
Glen Callum Associates are Automotive Aftermarket Recruitment specialists. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their automotive job search.
- Start: 18/09/2016
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Circa £32K + Pension + Excellent Holiday Entitlement+ Benefi
- Location: Dudley,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Automotive
- Recruiter: Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Contact: Claire Thomas
- Tel: 01384 485274
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 2395
- Posted: 2016-09-18 04:01:25 -
- View all Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
More Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- UK Sales Director- Automotive Aftermarket Parts
- Regional Sales Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
- Regional Sales Manager Automotive Aftermarket
- Parts Advisor / Internal Sales Executive
- Business Development Manager - France
- Business Development Manager - Germany
- Office Manager - German Speaking
- Area Sales Representative- Industrial/ Automotive
- Area Sales Representative- Tools/ Machinery Supplier
- Commercial Director
- Regional Sales & Operations Manager
- Powertrain / Future Technologies Development Engineer
- Account Manager – Export Sales with French Language Skills
- Customer Services Representative- German Speaking
- Vehicle Diagnostics Engineer – Automotive Technician
- Office Manager – German Speaking
- Business Development Manager - Aftermarket
- Regional Aftersales Development Manager
- Product Analyst - Data Manager
- Project / OEM Programme Manager – Vehicle Parts Manufacturer