General Manager - Travel
Are you currently a General Manager with a Travel Company? Do you have experience dealing with customers in a face to face role? Are you currently looking for a new challenge? If so, please read on...
My client, a leading specialist travel company in Central London is currently recruiting for a General Manager.
, A minimum of 10 years working in a face to face role , also dealing with bookings by phone or email.
, Extensive experience of processing online bookings using a Multicom platform, with knowledge of how the platform works, Tigerbay back office, also basic knowledge of Amadeus/ Sabre GDS systems
, Ability to calculate margin and price offerings appropriately, in respect of automated online bookings
, Have experience of managing a team of people including a basic knowledge of Employee relations
, Product expertise & commercial experience
, Must have successfully contracted hotels and other travel related products/services directly ground suppliers within the last year
, Outstanding commercial, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
, Must also be available to travel to assigned destinations/territories when necessary
, The role will be expected to develop our clients existing brand & identify strategic new areas of development, drive innovation and conduct research into future development and expansion within our chosen markets
, Accountable for the direct negotiation, planning, purchasing and contracting of the very best rates that are available, ensuring that this tour operator's targets are always delivered with exceptional results
, Responsibilities for the role will include general product management & growth including the monitoring of sales, competitor analysis etc.
, Secure marketing funds & tactical offers from suppliers for promotional activities, along with continual exclusive tactical negotiations with ground product and feedback to management
, Organise and conduct product training as and when needed for the other members of staff
, Good financial management skills are a must
, Ability to cost projects correctly, prepare cash flow forecasts and analyze team figures, set up team targets, understand how to form and market own packages as a tour operator and have the necessary contacts in the industry to break into the market
Package: A very competitive salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience plus performance related bonus will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested? To apply for this position please click on ‘APPLY' or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Travel Trade Recruitment
- Delegate Co-ordinator
- Delegate Manager
- Flight Specialist - Fixed Term Contract
- Sports Sales Specialist - Brighton
- Travel Reservations Agent
- Sales and Business Development Consultant
- UK Sales Consultant / Business Development Consultant
- Client Services Advisor
- Cruise Consultant - On Board
- Business Travel Consultant, Aberdeen
- Travel Consultant , Glasgow
- Flights Consultant - Greater Manchester
- Insurance Sales Executive (DECEMBER STARTS)
- Cruise Specialist Consultant North Derbyshire
- Part Time Travel Specialist North Northamptonshire
- Senior Business Travel Consultant Birmingham
- Business Development Manager. Aberdeen
- French-speaking Incoming FIT Travel Manager
- Luxury Worldwide Leisure Consultant
- Luxury Tailor-Made Travel Consultant (Asia Specialist)