I am actively assisting my leading FTSE 100 based Aviation Business who are seeking a Procurement Specialist.
The primary purpose of the Procurement Specialist role is to deliver an effective procurement service to the business whilst still ensuring that goods and services are procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities - Procurement Specialist:
- Support the Head of Procurement Operations in implementing the Procurement Operating model for the business.
- Support the implementation of a vendor consolidation programme working with the Category team and business to ensure this aligns with the overall business strategy.
- Produce and manage sourcing activities (RFx) for key areas of spend within defined area of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities to implement framework agreements with mid-tier suppliers.
- Lead/support on related negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business.
- Suggest areas where the implementation of procurement technology/transaction reduction strategies (for example P-card, electronic invoicing, catalogues) would improve processes and deliver efficiencies.
- Devise, collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement strategies
- Manage supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Company.
- Creating and issuing clean purchase orders in line with the service levels agreed with the business
- Ensure close working relationship with key areas of the business such as requsitioners, Accounts payable, Finance operations etc.
Essential Knowledge and Skills Procurement Specialist:
- Knowledge of integrated computer based procurement systems (SAP/ERP/MS office)
- Management of end to end RFP/ERP systems and processes, contract award and supplier management methodologies
- The Procurement Specialist must have strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with standard/simple contractual frameworks
Desirable Knowledge and Skills - Procurement Specialist
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250
- Prior experience implementing business process excellence or Six Sigma methodology into an operational environment.
Salary - £60,000 + 15% Bonus
Location - London
More Jobs from Holt Recruitment
- Bodyshop Manager
- Service Advisor
- Supply Chain Coordinator / Buyer
- HGV Technician
- Technician/ MOT Tester
- Service Advisor
- Assembly Technician
- Deputy Assistant Manager/ Technician / MOT Tester
- Preper / Prepper
- Panel Beater
- Paint Sprayer