Quantity Surveyor / Employer's Agent
Quantity Surveyor/Employer's Agent
Our client is seeking to employ a client facing Quantity Surveyor/Employer's Agent who approaches their profession with passion, ambition and enthusiasm.
A rewarding career awaits a loyal, hard-working and trustworthy individual.
Work Location - Manchester Office
Line Management - Reporting directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
Acting as Employer's Agent/Quantity Surveyor the role involves the delivery of services to clients within agreed timescales and budgets and managing key client relationships.
Role and Responsibilities Key Responsibilities
The following list is non-exhaustive
- Delivering Quantity Surveying and Employer's Agent services across the North West.
- Effectively interface with clients and build business relationships to provide commercial advantage.
- Provision of strategic cost advice; feasibility studies; cost planning; value engineering; procurement and contract strategy advice; risk and uncertainty management; project benchmarking; life cycle and whole life cost planning; tender preparation and analysis contract preparation, execution and administration (JCT and NEC3); post contract cost and change control; cash flow forecasting; project programming and planning final account settlement; project close out and review; project audits and fund monitoring/due diligence work.
- Ability to maintain safety awareness at sites and keep abreast of building regulations and design standards.
- Demonstrate first class organisational abilities when prioritising workloads.
- Display strong interpersonal abilities up to a senior management level.
- Provision of advice and input into practice fee and tender bids for professional services.
- Assisting with knowledge management and development in relation to Quantity Surveying and Project Management services to the differing disciplines with the practice.
Personal Professional Profile Specification
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
- A relevant RICS accredited degree qualification.
- Currently working towards, or with the desire to work towards, the RICS APC pertaining to the QS and Construction Pathway.
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications.
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of administering NEC3 and JCT contracts.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work within project time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors etc.
- Seeks and uses feedback to improve both your own and the practices performance.
- A willingness to work in reasonable excess of contracted hours when necessary in order to achieve deadlines.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Senior Quantity Surveyor (Residential)
- Quantity Surveyor (Residential/Build) - Bournemouth
- Procurement Quantity Surveyor (Student Accommodation/Residentia
- Assistant QS - Student Accommodation - NW OR Bangor
- Multi Skilled Operator
- CNC Wood Machinist Field Service Engineer
- Stock Analyst
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- Panel Wireman
- Field Service Engineer
- Scaffolders x10
- Account Manager/Business Development
- Maintenance Electrician / Multiskilled Engineer Electrical bias
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator