Electrical Design Engineer - Bridgend, Wales
Electrical Design Engineer - Bridgend, Wales
£34,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Our client is the global leader in laser wire processing technology, for applications in advanced manufacturing.
Our client is an innovating, world leading high technology company, developing and providing solutions to problems in advanced manufacturing, based on the application of laser based technology.
They research and develop new processes and supply these to the market in the form of high tech, high added value capital equipment and provide first class after sales service and support to our customers.
Formed in 1989 they are the pioneer behind the development and introduction of UV laser wire marking technology to the aerospace industry and have preferred supplier status with Boeing.
They are the leader in infrared laser wire stripping technology for advanced electronics manufacture.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will undertake the design, development and testing of electrical control systems for our client's range of industrial laser system products and bespoke machinery, including wire marking and stripping systems.
This involves the selection of appropriate control hardware based upon the most cost effective, scalable control platform.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, has technical responsibility for electrical control system design and possibly legacy electronics relating to the Company's products.
They will be expected to work closely with internal personnel and customers to ensure that requirements are met and that products are efficient in their design and operation.
The successful candidate must be educated to a minimum of HND or preferably Degree level in Electrical and / or Electronic engineering.
Other candidates will be considered with relevant skills and experience.
The candidate will have a solid electrical / controls / automation engineering background developing complex machinery or systems.
At least 5 years of experience designing machinery and control panels using an electrical drafting package, along with several years of PLC programming exposure to Mitsubishi PLC's or similar is essential.
The candidate will be experienced in the full product life cycle from initial specification, through development, build, test, deployment and product support (local and remote).
The candidate will have experience of travelling to customer locations for new system installation, troubleshooting and upgrades as applicable, though this rarely occurs.
Requirements for Electrical Design Engineer : HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering, 5 years experience of designing machinery and control panels, PLC programming exposure
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Key Skills: Electrical Engineering/Electronic Engineering Degree or HND, 5 years experience of designing control panels/machinery
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 34000-35000 Per Annum
- Location: Bridgend
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Richard
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: REV/D/032786
- Posted: 2016-10-04 16:43:11 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Agricultural Specialist or Qualified Accountant - Burnham on Sea
- Partner Marketing Coordinator - London
- Operations Assistant - Trafford Park, Manchester
- Telesales Executive - Security Consultancy - Halesowen, West Midlands
- HGV Trailer Technician / Mechanic - Nuneaton
- HGV Trailer Technician/Mechanic - Rugby
- HGV Trailer Workshop Supervisor - Stoke-on-Trent
- Business development Manager - Security Services - East London, London
- CNC Miller/Turner Programmer/Setter (Late shift) - Chard, Somerset
- Heavy Plant Fitter - Warwickshire
- Mobile Service Mechanic (HGV Trailers) - Rugby
- HGV Trailer Technician / Mechanic - Cardiff
- HGV Trailer Technician / Mechanic - Grays, Essex
- HGV Trailer Technician / Mechanic - Simonswood, Liverpool
- HGV Trailer Technician / Mechanic - Carrington, Manchester
- Digital Print Finisher - London SE1 (Bermondsey)
- Digital Print Finisher - Night Shift - London SE1 (Bermondsey)
- Customer Service Specialist - Trafford Park, Manchester
- Senior/ Semi-Senior Business Services or Tax Accountant - Burnham
- Marketing Assistant - Reading