Occupational Health Nurse - Hinkley (Somerset)
Occupational Health Nurse - Hinkley (Somerset)
Our client's Healthcare Company is one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services.
Established by a group of occupational health professionals, they have experienced strong, steady growth.
Their clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services.
Our Client's team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success.
If you are looking for a career, with genuine opportunities to move up the ladder, then our clients are a company that want to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
The role involves delivering complex solutions to a wide range of challenges.
You will need to liaise directly with other departments and individuals.
Our clients work with a wide range of small and large corporate clients across a range of industry sectors, so the challenges are varied every day.
Successful applicants will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the OH requirements as agreed and the successful candidate will be required to liaise with customer personnel and to provide emergency response.
It is desirable for nurses to have experience in the following areas, however training can be provided:
Conduct risk assessments
Fitness for work medicals
Drug and alcohol testing
Candidates must be IT literate and know about health and safety legislation.
The successful candidate will have excellent clinical skills including suturing and cannulation.
A wide variety of previous nursing experience would be an advantage.
Candidates need to be:
Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
Concise in report writing and consultations
Able to build sound working relationships with clients customers and colleagues
Considerate and make timely decisions
Able to maintain medical/personal confidentiality as appropriate
Able to work autonomously and within a team
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Confident in their IT skills
Able to demonstrate evidence of up to date knowledge
Self-motivated and take a proactive approach to work
Able to know when referrals for OHP/ specialist opinions are required
Good time management.
Requirements for the Occupational Health Nurse:
Registration with NMC Part 1
Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
Ability to work effectively under supervision and recognise the limits of their practice.
Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines using own initiative.
A team player who is supportive to the team and promotes a positive working environment.
Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
Awareness of own limitations, innovative and creative.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Key Skills: Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health, Approachable, Specialty qualification in OH ILS/ALS NEBOSH certificate/skills
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 32000-35000 Per Annum
- Location: Hinkley
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Richard
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: REV/D/032788
- Posted: 2016-10-04 16:44:22 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Apprentice Tanker Technician / HGV mechanic - Ellistown, Leicester
- Part Time Health & Social Care NVQ Assessor - Healthcare - Norfolk
- Health & Social Care NVQ Assessor - Healthcare - Berkshire
- Account Manager - Redhill
- CeMap Qualified Sales Advisor - Macclesfield
- Presales Consultant - London & Home Counties
- Head Chef - Darlington
- Software Technical Implementation Consultant - Leeds
- Commis Chef - Inverness-shire, Scotland
- Care Home Manager - Eastbourne
- IT Customer Support Engineer - London, Lambeth
- 2 x Technical Service Delivery Consultant (Software Implementation) - Home based with UK travel
- Recruiter - Technology Sector - West London, Surrey, Middlesex
- INTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL TELECOMS - LONDON
- UNIFIED COMMS SALES - MARKET LEADER - UK WIDE
- PRE-SALES ENGINEER TELECOMS SOLUTIONS - LONDON
- TELECOM ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - TIER 1 GLOBAL PLAYER - LONDON, HOME COUNTIES
- TELECOM SALES - PUBLIC SECTOR / LOCAL GOVERNMENT/ HEALTH - SCOTLAND
- TELECOM SALES - HOSTED VOICE, DATA, MOBILE - SCOTLAND
- SECURITY SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT - LONDON, SOUTH EAST