Occupational Health Advisor - Washington, Newcastle
Occupational Health Advisor - Washington, Newcastle
Our client's Healthcare Company is one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services.
Established by a group of occupational health professionals, they have experienced strong, steady growth.
Their clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services.
Our Client's team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success.
You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
We are looking for a genuine team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals.
You will receive all the support you need from our client's senior management team as they work together to bring success to this department and the company as a whole.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenge with a fresh team on new premises.
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to be located at our client's Washington site.
This will be a part time role where the successful candidate will be required to work 33 hours per week.
The selected candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit, including;
Drug and Alcohol testing
Face Fit Testing
You will do the following:
Provide appropriate expert, timely (reactive and proactive), effective and practicable advice to managers, staff and Human Resources in respect of OH related issues.
Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH function.
To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral and initiate management of case.
To assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with DHC policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates to the line manager, client and file copy.
Develop and implement effective communication mechanisms, as directed, between the OH provision, managers, staff and colleagues in Human Resources.
To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical reports Act and Data Protection Act.
To respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment.
To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation.
Undertake a wider range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training, updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes.
In line with DHC policies and guidelines.
To provide positive, professional, accountable practice to ensure the advancement of nursing practice and the role of Occupational Health within DHC.
To work with the OH manager to review the Nursing skill mix and to develop and support ongoing recruitment.
Requirements for the Occupational Health Advisor:
Registration with NMC Part 3
Degree/Diploma level in OH speciality
Significant experience of working in an OHS environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OHS activities
Candidates must be able to drive and there are on-site parking facilities available
Evidence of an up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Key Skills: Ideally candidates will be OH qualified, however, if you are able to demonstrate the full OH remit with robust experience (without the qualification), you will also be considered for the OHA positions.
Be Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills.
Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework.
Be IT literate.
Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
Be aware of own limitations.
Understand and support a flexible approach to team working.
Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 34000-37000 Per Annum
- Location: Washington
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Richard
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: REV/D/032790
- Posted: 2016-10-04 16:46:43 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Java Developer / Senior Java Developer - Huntingdon
- Project Manager (e-Prescribing software implementation) - Home based with UK travel
- Project Manager - NHS Software Implementations - Home based with Travel
- Java Developer - Coventry
- Solution Architect (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Senior .Net Developer (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Implementation Consultant - Financial, Accounting, Payment Software - Home based with UK Travel
- Hosted Service Engineer - (not shifts) - Altrincham, South Manchester
- Customer Support Analyst (Application Support) - Altrincham
- Tax Manager Fully ACA / ACCA Qualified - Basildon, Essex
- Research & Development Tax Credit Consultant AAT Qualified - Litchfield, Staffordshire
- Time Served Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Welder / Fabricator - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Sales Negotiator - Liverpool
- Senior Technical Services Engineer - Leeds
- IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - London
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Senior Accounts Assistant AAT - Practice Experience / Nearly qualified ACCA/ ACA - Plymouth