Data Integration Analyst
Data Integration Analyst needed to work alongside an internal implementation team focused on implementing the integration side of a large scale ERP programme, integration for this programme relates to how data flows between the ERP system and the various internal systems and external third parties.
They have numerous integrations from their current systems that they need carried forward into the new ERP system.
There are also a number of brand new integrations that will need to be understood and specified so that the system implementer can build them.
Most of these integrations will use BizTalk Server as the middleware layer and the monitoring of these integrations will be handled by BizTalk360.
For the majority of the integrations, the data is transferred between systems using files and unloaded/loaded using a combination of web services and SQL views.
This role will be focused on the following items:
- Interpreting current SQL scripts and batch jobs in order to understand and document how they work.
- Where necessary, reverse engineering a file specification from the script that generates the file itself.
This will include examining the database from where the file is generated in order to determine field types and sizes.
The database systems include SQL Server, Informix and SQL Anywhere.
- Drawing up BizTalk validation rules to help catch any errors prior to them being loaded into the ERP system.
This will vary greatly from integration to integration and will require a detailed knowledge of exactly what is meant to be happening in the integration.
- Gathering sample data files, details of current data volumes and scheduling requirements from teams across the business.
- Assisting the system implementer with data mapping for the integrations.
This is an initial 6-month contract, to discuss in detail please contact Richard Morgan at Remit Resources ASAP
More Jobs from Remit Resources Ltd
- Release and Deployment Specialists
- SQL DBA / SQL Database Administrator
- 1st / 2nd Line IT Support
- BI-MIS Developer
- Front End Developer
- ASP.NET Developer
- Junior / Graduate Entry Software Developer
- IT Support Analyst
- Graduate IT Assistant
- Junior / Graduate entry Software Developer
- Helpdesk Analyst / 1st Line Support
- 3rd Line IT Engineer - ASAP
- IT Infrastructure Manager
- Junior .NET Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Software Developer
- IT Systems Administrator / Application Support
- Business Analyst (Lloyds / London Market)