1st / 2nd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer required to work in Cambridge for a major technology provider - this role will be an 11 month fixed term contract with the option to go permanent after 6 months.
For this role, you will either be a graduate with 3 years Infrastructure support experience or a Senior 1st /2nd Line Support Engineer with 5 years Infrastructure experience.
Purpose of the role:
As the 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer you will part of the infrastructure team and will help to support users on a wide range of infrastructure technologies including Windows/Linux desktops, Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco Networking and others.
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer key accountabilities:
- PC desktop Support, all aspects of building and supporting primarily Windows desktops but willing to learn Linux (Fedora/Ubuntu.)
- Support to all hardware on site, including replacing parts.
- Escalating issues to 3rd line support with proper technical troubleshooting.
- Network port configuration on Cisco switches.
- Cisco Wi-Fi support.
- Administration of various security and access tools.
- Printer support.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 administration.
- Create and maintain Infrastructure documentation.
- Contribute to IS projects, rollouts/upgrades.
- Maintaining Cisco phone system.
- Degree (BSC Hons) or equivalent & relevant experience in a similar role.
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer skills and attributes:
- Customer service orientated.
- Awareness for IT security and all its implications.
- Logical troubleshooting.
- Good IT/Engineering degree.
- Excellent written/verbal communications.
- Logical and highly organised.
- ITIL aware and willing to follow and improve processes.
- Quick learner.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting or programming language.
- Understanding of more than one operating system.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Virtual computing VMware/Virtual box.
- Enterprise storage.
- IT Industry certifications (Microsoft/Cisco/Red Hat.)
- Web servers.
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer experience:
- 3 to 5 years of Infrastructure support experience.
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hour week.
Some weekend and evening work may be required for emergencies and projects.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- £21,000 to £29,000 basic annual salary depending upon experience.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Up to 15% discretionary performance based bonus per annum (following successful completion of probation period.)
- Defined Contribution Pension (up to 4% employee, up to 8.5% employer.)
- Permanent Health Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance (starting from grade GL4.)
- 4x Life Assurance.
- £35 per month Flexible Benefits allowance (following successful completion of probation period), e.g.
gym, travel insurance, life assurance, health assessment, dental insurance, etc.
If this 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer role is of interest then please do not hesitate to contact us.
More Jobs from Polar Recruitment Services Ltd
- Solution Manager - Asset Management
- Chief Technologist - EUC/Workplace Solutions
- Lead PHP Developer
- Training Solutions Manager
- Enterprise Mobility Management Agent
- IT Support – Web Analytics
- Assistant Finance Manager
- Software Developer (Java Based)
- DV Cleared Sharepoint Engineer
- DV Cleared Project Manager
- DV Cleared Administrator
- Deal Leader/Associate Director
- Wintel Server Analyst
- Java Developer
- IT Security Software Operator
- DV Cleared Active Directory Engineer
- DV Cleared Incident Manager
- DV Cleared 1st LIne Support
- DV Cleared 3rd LIne Support
- Careers Advisor