Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine - Essex
We are currently seeking an experienced Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine for immediate placement in the Essex area.
The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties for this position would include:
- The post holder will join the pool of Stroke and Neurology consultants at the Hospital.
- The post holder will deliver comprehensive care for Stroke patients admitted to the Hospital.
- The post holder will also undertake ward rounds and conduct multidisciplinary meetings.
- The post holder will be responsible for prompt discharge planning of Stroke patients under his/her care.
- The post holder will be supported by junior medical staff.
The post offers immense opportunities for teaching and training junior doctors and medical students on the HASU, ASU and Rehabilitation ward.
- The post holder will be expected to support the training of juniors to the unit.
- Professional supervision of the junior medical staff in the who will have the opportunity to learn on a one to one basis both formal and informal ward rounds, and also on an ad hoc basis throughout the day.
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a service to Trust, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
- An active part in the educational programmes for junior medical staff, including formal teaching sessions and clinical audits relevant to the needs of the service and Acute Elderly Unit.
- Issuing of advice to GPs on suitability of patients for admission to hospital.
- Participate in relevant audit and quality assurance processes, including reviews of manpower requirements
- Qualified doctor
- Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover in Essex include:
- Southend on Sea
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- Clinical Fellow in Orthopaedic Surgery - South West England
- Consultant Doctor in Cardiology & Electrophysiology - East Kent
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Essex
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology and Epilepsy - East Kent
- Locum Consultant Doctor in Gastroenterology - East Kent
- Consultant Doctor in Rheumatology - East Kent
- Locum Audiologists (All Bands) - London + Across UK
- Consultant Radiologist - North East England
- Doctor in General Medicine, Diabetes & Endocrinology -East Kent
- Registered Charge Nurse - Dubai
- Consultant Doctor in Histopathology/Cytopathology - Northampton
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology - Northampton
- ID Medical Consultant Doctors Open Day - London
- Consultant Doctor in Palliative Medicine - East Lancashire
- Consultant Doctor in Respiratory Medicine - East Lancashire
- Locum Band 6 Rehab Physiotherapist - Liverpool
- Consultant Doctor in Anaesthetics - East Kent
- NHS Consultant Gastroenterologist - Essex
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Lincolnshire
- Consultant Doctor in Elderly Care Medicine - Lincolnshire