Consultant Doctor in Cardiology Medicine - Shropshire
We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant in Cardiology with an interest in Cardiac Imaging for immediate placement in the Shropshire area.
The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Salary is dependent on grade and previous experience.
At present a transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography service is available at both Hospitals.
Most complex cases, including the majority of dobutamine stress echocardiography, are provided at the Hospital.
Frequent Adult Congenital Heart Disease outreach Clinics are supported by the cardiorespiratory department at both Hospitals.
It is expected that you will fit in with the existing Echocardiography service and help support the cardiorespiratory department through our well attended weekly meetings at both Hospitals.
There is a well-established close working practice between Cardiology and Radiology.
The Trust has recently appointed a Radiologist with a special interest in Cardiac Imaging and together with our department a Cardiac CT service has been introduced.
At present the Trust's MRI machines do not have a cardiac package.
However, when their planned upgrade is undertaken in the near future it is envisaged that a cardiac MRI service will be introduced.
You will be expected to participate fully in the development of this service.
In the meantime if you so wish the opportunity to maintain skills at neighbouring Regional centres will be sought and supported.
You would participate in our “Consultant of the week” rota, caring for all patients on the Cardiology wards at one of our Hospitals, which occasionally house GIM patients when bed pressures so dictate.
This allows for uninterrupted specialty sessions and Cardiology out-patient clinic sessions during other weeks.
- Qualified in Medicine
- Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover in Shropshire include:
- Market Drayton
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- Clinical Fellow in Orthopaedic Surgery - South West England
- Consultant Doctor in Cardiology & Electrophysiology - East Kent
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Essex
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology and Epilepsy - East Kent
- Locum Consultant Doctor in Gastroenterology - East Kent
- Consultant Doctor in Rheumatology - East Kent
- Locum Audiologists (All Bands) - London + Across UK
- Consultant Radiologist - North East England
- Doctor in General Medicine, Diabetes & Endocrinology -East Kent
- Registered Charge Nurse - Dubai
- Consultant Doctor in Histopathology/Cytopathology - Northampton
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology - Northampton
- ID Medical Consultant Doctors Open Day - London
- Consultant Doctor in Palliative Medicine - East Lancashire
- Consultant Doctor in Respiratory Medicine - East Lancashire
- Locum Band 6 Rehab Physiotherapist - Liverpool
- Consultant Doctor in Anaesthetics - East Kent
- NHS Consultant Gastroenterologist - Essex
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Lincolnshire
- Consultant Doctor in Elderly Care Medicine - Lincolnshire