Diesel Feature Software Engineer
Position: Diesel Feature Software Engineer – Automotive Engine Management Systems
Location: Basildon Essex
Our client has a team of engineers working in automotive assembly plants and engineering centres throughout Europe.
They specialise in specifying, configuring and testing software in vehicle control systems (ECUs), to ensure the modules conform to the necessary standards, in addition to providing other automotive engineering personnel for a variety of roles.
The Diesel Feature Software Engineer – Automotive Engine Management Systems Role:
The key responsibility is to manage all airpath related actuator control strategies and their attributes.
Main emphasis is to be familiar with the system capability and understand it’s potentials in order to be able to support in-house and global teams.
The candidate will exercise the current control strategy with different actuators on a bench setup to be confident in the advice provided to the team.
Side tasks are to maintain the diesel airpath plug-in, ensuring the plug-in contains all the latest coding and software feature updates.
Within a given timeframe these changes need to be carried through to a plug-in software release for different applications to be able to utilise it.
- Responsible for designing ECU strategies for the global Diesel engine team using Matlab tools and the Feature Requirements Document (FRD) process
- Responsible for supporting rapid prototyping of new strategies and validation of fully implemented strategies
- Support prototype builds, software integration testing and calibration teams
- Work with suppliers or in-house teams to ensure full specification and testing of new strategies
An automotive background is preferable and advantageous, but strong candidates from other engineering backgrounds such as rail, aerospace and medical will be considered.
- Engineering Degree to BEng/BSc or higher, ideally with significant Electronics &/or software content
- Significant engine control strategy & software design experience
- Experience of requirements capture and system specification
- Strategy development and simulation/modelling experience (e.g.
- Experience with rapid prototyping systems (e.g.
DSpace, ETAS, ATI-NoHooks, X-PC)
- Fundamental understanding of automotive control systems
- Fundamental understanding of system and software design
- Good office IT skills
- Good communication skills
- You may be required to travel within Europe, so mush have a valid EU passport
If you are interested in this Diesel Feature Software Engineer – Automotive Engine Management Systems role, simply apply via the button shown.
All applications must be submitted before 5th November 2016.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: £45,000
- Location: Basildon,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Contact: Candidate Services
- Tel: 01457 851142
- Fax: 01457 862214
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: HS/C186/DFSE-0211
- Posted: 2016-10-05 15:09:58 -
- View all Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
More Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Warehouse Operative
- Electronic Repairs Technician
- Service Spares & Logistics Coordinator
- Preventative Maintenance Scheduler
- Powertrain Engineer - Automotive
- Service Administrator
- Quality Engineer
- Junior Java Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Nanny / Personal Assistant
- Electronics & Embedded Software Engineer
- IT Specialist
- Junior Application Support Engineer
- Customer Experience Agent
- PLC Engineer
- Sales Order Co-Ordinator
- Customer Service Administrator
- Customer Service & Sales Team Leader
- Driver - HGV (Class 2)