This family owned and run Luxury Hotel in East Riding of Yorkshire is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join and lead their team of talented chefs.
Set in beautifully landscaped gardens, this Country House has luxury en-suite rooms which are all unique in character and furnished to the highest standard.
The function rooms have beautiful fireplaces teamed with original features and amazing views over the lawned gardens.
As Sous Chef you must be able to support the Senior Chefs in the smooth running of the restaurant, managing, leading and motivating the team to provide consistently outstanding service to our guests.
* Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the kitchen team for the restaurant
* Produce and deliver quality food and enable operational excellence
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification
* Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department by maximum utilisation of food
* Manage cost and maximise business opportunities
* Plan and order as appropriate for levels of business
* Mentor train and coach the team
* Support with the administration such as rotas, recruitment and attending hotel meetings
* Write and check standard recipes to ensure portion control, uniformity and taste for approval of the Executive Chef
* To carry out quality control checks, ensuring presentation, quality of food and service standards are adhered to
* To complete material check lists, e.g.
mise-en place, within own department for all sections
* To check daily function
* Responsible for daily ordering and purchase control
* To control food costs according to agreed budgets
* Experience as a senior chef
* Strong understanding of cuisine
* Leadership skills
* Experience of menu development, ordering systems and costing process
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to email@example.com.
All Applicants must...............
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 18000-22000 Per Annum DOE
- Location: East Yorkshire
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: First Contact Chefs Ltd
- Contact: Murray Chapman
- Tel: 0114 245 8696
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 00110751jm
- Posted: 2016-10-05 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from First Contact Chefs Ltd