Mechanical Engineer (Currency Media Handling)
Mechanical Engineer (Currency Media Handling - Senior and Junior)
With many years' experience, my client have experienced stellar growth within the business and are yet again, looking to expand further.
They are a leading global technology company who provide first class solutions and services to an array of clients, ranging within the public sector, retail, financial, gaming, hospitality, travel etc.
Dundee is home to the organisations innovation hub for financial solutions.
With functions from marketing and product management, software and hardware development through to manufacturing operations, finance and technical support - this integrated team delivers solutions to the global financial market.
This challenging opportunity will be based in Dundee - working within the passionate, niche team where you will collaborate with facilities and suppliers foreseeing the full product development lifecycle.
The devices are used in self-service products within the financial industry.
A key requirement is to have several years' mechanical design experience with a solid interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under software control.
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
- Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Lead design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons 2:1 or better preferred).
- Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
- Several years banking/financial related experience
- Technology Expertise in the areas of:
- High speed, document feeding, transportation, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
- Autonomous, fault tolerant media handling systems under the impact of climatic variations.
- Simulation/ FEA
- Design of Experiments
- Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- CAD (ProE or Solidworks preferred)
- A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Work with Suppliers throughout project lifecycle
If you are interested in hearing more, please give Georgia a call on 0131 270 6619 or drop a message
More Jobs from Net Talent
- Java Developer
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Livingston
- Agile Project Manager (PERM)
- Network Engineer (Firewall Specialist)
- Head of Information Security, Permanent
- Teradata Consultant
- Senior C# .NET Developer
- Agile Project Manager
- Java Architect
- Senior C# .NET Developer
- Test Automation Developer
- PHP Developer
- Digital Project Manager
- Technical Lead C++ Developer
- Network Consultant (Perm)
- Network Consultant (perm)
- Cloud Infrastructure Consultant (PERM)
- Senior Systems and Requirements Engineer
- Enterprise Architect & Solutions Design Leader
- CONTRACT AUTOMATION TEST DEVELOPER