Doctor in Psychiatry (Consultant) - Old Age - Isle of Wight
We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist for immediate placement in the Isle of Wight area.
The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You will be responsible for not only adult patients but a variety of acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses at critical periods.
Within this multi-disciplinary team you should demonstrate an excellent level of care.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Salary is dependent on grade and previous experience.
Core duties of the position would include:
- To promote multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working in the Memory Service and Community Functional Disorder Service.
- To adopt the Care Programme Approach.
- To support and help develop the integrated care pathways.
- To work with other clinical staff in achieving high standards of assessment for all patients presenting to the service.
- To support the development of a seamless service and continuity of care which are patient-centred and respect social inclusion and cultural diversity.
- To provide clinical support/supervision to multi-disciplinary teams, including complex risk assessments.
- Accept referrals for assessment from within the Directorate and from other agencies.
- To work closely with voluntary agencies, carers and families.
- To ensure equity of services to all groups of patients
- Qualified in Psychiatry
- Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover on Isle of Wight include:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- Clinical Fellow in Orthopaedic Surgery - South West England
- Consultant Doctor in Cardiology & Electrophysiology - East Kent
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Essex
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology and Epilepsy - East Kent
- Locum Consultant Doctor in Gastroenterology - East Kent
- Consultant Doctor in Rheumatology - East Kent
- Locum Audiologists (All Bands) - London + Across UK
- Consultant Radiologist - North East England
- Doctor in General Medicine, Diabetes & Endocrinology -East Kent
- Registered Charge Nurse - Dubai
- Consultant Doctor in Histopathology/Cytopathology - Northampton
- Consultant Doctor in Neurophysiology - Northampton
- ID Medical Consultant Doctors Open Day - London
- Consultant Doctor in Palliative Medicine - East Lancashire
- Consultant Doctor in Respiratory Medicine - East Lancashire
- Locum Band 6 Rehab Physiotherapist - Liverpool
- Consultant Doctor in Anaesthetics - East Kent
- NHS Consultant Gastroenterologist - Essex
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Lincolnshire
- Consultant Doctor in Elderly Care Medicine - Lincolnshire