Assistant Buying Administrator
Are you looking to take the first steps in your buying career? If so LWC Drinks are recruiting and we want to hear from you.
Established in 1979, LWC has grown from a small start up to the "fastest growing privately owned drinks company in the UK".
Today, LWC Drinks employ over 500 people and have 11 depots across the UK.
Having recently achieved 24th place in the Sunday Times PWC Profit Track 100, LWC Drinks are going from strength to strength.
With this in mind, we are now looking to expand our team through the recruitment of an Assistant Buying Administrator in Manchester.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting to the Purchasing Team Leader, the successful Assistant Buying Administratorwill take part in an intense two years training plan that will result in becoming a fully-fledged soft drinks buyer for LWC Drinks.
The training plan will be broken down as follows:
Core Duties – Months 1-6
- Management of the monthly price files in excel
- Wholesale offer sheet in excel
- Copying codes to depots
- Manage the free stock code set up & removal
- start to learn the soft drinks buying role basics
Additional Core Duties – Months 6-12 - training period
- Learn and take over the soft drinks buying role, covering - ordering, promotions, cost prices, invoice claims, depot orders, margins, supplier relationships, brochure articles
- Quarterly report on the soft drinks market place in the UK checking CGA stats to LWC data, making recommendations for stocking lines & price changes
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers.
Year 2 & Ongoing
- Management of the Soft Drinks stock for the whole business, including stock holding within the hub on key lines. Placing weekly orders and ensuring correct stock levels are maintained.
- Reviewing depot orders to ensure stock is purchased from the correct place.
- Managing the cost prices and promotions for your category lines and ensuring best cost price is achieved.
- Management of any promotional activity claims within your category.
- Collating promotional deals and arranging brochure articles for the bi-monthly brochures
- Quarterly report on the soft drinks market place in the UK checking CGA stats to LWC data, making recommendations for stocking lines & price changes.
- Keeping track of and managing the whole margin for your category within the business, working with other departments to ensure both buying and selling prices are correct.
Who are we looking for?
When recruiting for the role of Assistant Buying Administrator, we look for individuals who have a keen interest in buying / purchasing or a relevant degree.
You will also require:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Can cope with multiple tasks retaining a high level of accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Flexible attitude to work
- Good time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel ability
In return for your hard work as an Assistant Buying Administrator, you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Assistant Buying Administrator, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hygiene Operative
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- LV and HGV Technical Trainer / Assessor
- Software Test Engineer – Automotive Diagnostics
- Air Hygiene Team
- Software Test Team Leader – Automotive Diagnostics
- Sales Executive
- Project Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- Home Support Worker
- Estate Agent / Valuer
- Design Engineer
- Sales Executive – Service Plans