Job Title: CNC Machinist
Reporting to: Production Manager _________________________________________________________________________
To Set, Operate and program CNC Machine Tools to a very high standard.
To be able to produce high end components using the Machine Tools to dimensional accurate drawings within scheduled timescales.
- Fully set and operate multi axis CNC machining centres.
- Understand and be able to interpret a production schedule.
- Load and operate said CNC machines so that the production plan is met.
- Facilitate machine utilisation, set up the said CNC machine tools in order that an optimum duration of unmanned running is achieved.
- Carry out in process inspection of components.
- To hand Deburr and fettle detail components.
- Be able to read and understand CNC Programmes, using the machine interface.
- Ensure high level focus on 5 S's throughout.
- To ensure that production schedules & performance targets are met within the framework of the Quality & Health & Safety Policies.
- To ensure that the you are trained sufficiently to carry out the tasks allocated.
- To support the Design & Technical function by providing information for SOPs and problem solving activities.
- To be responsible for the quality of each product manufactured in the area of your responsibility that is ultimately shipped to the customer and it's conformance to the Quality standards.
- Using the proved techniques, for continuous improvement and seek out opportunities for cost reduction and cost control, initially by concentrating on OTIF & NRFT.
- Advise on such matters that affect the performance within your team which are not under your control.
- Ensure that after inspection the product, it is progressed to the next process in the agreed manner and the systems are updated accordingly.
- Ensure that all associated machines and tooling are kept in good working order at all times.
- Able to CNC machine to clients standards.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively so that production throughput is maximised (measured by delivery against agreed date on the production schedules)
- Adherence to required quality procedures (measured by non-conformance reports from the Quality Team)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to standards and specific instructions
- Ability to identify and to question sub-standard process/product
- PC Literate,
- Problem solving techniques and ability to work on own initiative.
(Logical and systematic approach)
- Flexibility and willing to learn new skills
- Start: ASAp
- Rate: £26000.00 - £31200.00 per annum + Further training opportuni
- Location: Witney, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Storm Recruitment (Swindon) limited
- Tel: 01793 481301
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-10-05 17:03:14 -
- View all Jobs from Storm Recruitment (Swindon) limited
More Jobs from Storm Recruitment (Swindon) limited
- Operations Manager
- HR & Facilities Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Final Fitter
- Branch Manager
- Production Operatives
- Electronic Technician
- Forklift Operator
- Forklift Driver
- Machine Minder & Stores Support Operative
- Lettings Negotiator
- CNC Machine Minder
- Quantity Surveyor
- Electrical Technician
- Panel Builder / Wireman
- Warehouse Operative