We require a Commercial Director to manage all commercial activities along with key account management and national account business for the UK’s leading waste battery collector and recycler.
£Circa 60K + Pension + Excellent Holiday Entitlement+ Benefits
Location- Central UK
Ideal base location – West Midlands, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Telford, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Coventry,
Forming part of a global group our client has been established for in excess of 30 years and is the UK’s leading waste collector and recycler of batteries.
To continue with their growth and development, an excellent opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and professional individual, to work in a commercial sales capacity for the company.
Individuals with a sales management or logistics background in batteries would be ideal however we are exceptionally keen to hear from individuals with experience in allied sectors such as waste management, re-cycling or related automotive / industrial service industries.
Assisting the Managing Director to generate commercial income for the organisation, with a particular focus on:
- Commercial and Sales
- Developing current and identifying new market opportunities
- Securing and managing national accounts
- Setting Terms for the provision of services
- Generate and following up commercial leads, including visiting key customers/ suppliers.
- Management of Commercial activity
- Managing and developing the team maximising the effectiveness of the team and achieving maximum margin development and volume.
- Liaising internally with many stakeholders including; customer service, transport, accounts and operations to ensure that customers’ needs are achieved and exceeded.
- Monitor customer collection performances, evaluating against commercial tonnage rates and customers KPI’s.
- Exploring ways of improving existing products and services, and increasing profitability.
- Being responsible for undertaking appropriate personal development to keep abreast of changing standards/legislation etc.
- Market awareness
- Studying competitors' products and services.
- Monitor and analyse market trends.
- Research and analysis of potential markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
- You will have worked in a commercial, customer facing or business development capacity for between 3-5 years.
- You will have worked either in waste management/recycling or battery/power supply sales.
- You are comfortable with fronting key / national accounts.
- You can respond well under pressure with high levels of resilience and energy.
- You must be an exceptional communicator
- You will have the ability to effectively manage your own work load, time and team.
This is an excellent opportunity with a forward thinking company who offer excellent career prospects, growth and stability based on achievement.
The Way Forward
Should you wish to be considered for the role of Commercial Director please email your CV to Claire Thomas of Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Glen Callum Associates are Automotive Aftermarket and Industrial Recruitment specialists. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their automotive job search.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Circa £60K + Pension + Excellent Holiday Entitlement + Benef
- Location: Walsall,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Sales
- Recruiter: Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Contact: Claire Thomas
- Tel: 01384 485274
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 2424a
- Posted: 2016-10-05 17:11:33 -
- View all Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
More Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- NPI Tooling Engineer - Automotive Manufacture
- Area Sales Representative / Field Sales
- Regional Sales Manager Automotive Aftermarket
- Field Sales Representative- Commercial Vehicle
- Regional Sales Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
- Quality Engineering Manager Metrology/Automotive
- Inside Sales Manager / Internal Sales Representative- Koln
- Business Development Manager - Commercial Vehicle Fleet Sales
- Branch Manager - Commercial Vehicle Parts
- Automotive Technical Parts Demonstrator- Automotive Parts
- Area Sales Representative - Commercial Vehicle
- Project Tooling Engineer - Injection Moulding
- Buyer - Purchasing / Procurement
- Vehicle Diagnostics Engineer – Automotive Technician
- Mechanical Engineer – Automotive
- C# Developer / Software Engineer
- Project Manager - Tier 1 Automotive
- Assistant Quality Manager- Moulding- Automotive
- Technical Support Advisor - Automotive
- Area Sales Representative- Industrial/ Automotive