£28,000 + benefits
9 Month Contract
Garment Technologist - Overall Job Purpose
To define, implement and monitor the size, fit and quality of clothing for product area of responsibility from proto sample, bulk production to store delivery ensuring a Right First Time approach.
To ensure technical excellence and high quality product once concept samples fitted, working directly with manufacturers to achieve a good quality, well fitted garment within time restraints set, whilst maintaining on time delivery.
Garment Technologist - Key Responsibilities
- To head up Concept Fit meetings with Buying/Design, advising on styling/fit/construction and quality issues, ensuring suppliers are informed accurately and in writing
- To train/guide suppliers on construction/technical issues and provide patterns if necessary
- To raise Buying/Design awareness of fabric suitability/expected performance
- To fit, measure and check construction and quality of 1st samples to create accurate graded specification charts, produce technical specifications for the designated product areas, ensuring the suppliers fully understand and apply instructions.
Clear, accurate and thorough comments to be documented to supplier, aided by diagrams, photographs, and patterns where necessary
- To co-ordinate Fit meetings for sealers together with Technical team, discussing with them any styling/construction/fit and quality issues, guide them on taking accurate notes to enable them to produce clearly documented comments to send to suppliers, aided by diagrams/photographs.
Ensure sizing of all sealers is uniform to the brand standard measurements
- To take accountability for supplier communication by checking and authorising comments made by Technical Assistants prior to sending to suppliers
- To be able to guide and assist on pattern cutting/construction issues, check sealers, and Conduct in-line inspections during visits to suppliers
- To take accountability for ensuring critical path is up to date at all times for area of responsibility, to include concept and sealer fit and comment dates,
- To take accountability for providing clear direction, motivation and development of the technical assistant, including regular review meetings and the setting of measurable objectives.
Ensure any PDP actions are agreed with Technical Manager
To find out more please call John Anderson on 01743 770 280 or email me a copy of your CV to email@example.com
C2 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from C2 Recruitment Ltd
- Assistant / Deputy Manager - St Albans
- Assistant / Deputy Manager - Beaconsfield
- Restaurant Manager - Branded Restaurant - Richmond
- Assistant General Manager - Branded - Chester
- Deputy Manager - Branded Restaurant - Sheffield
- Deputy Manager - Branded Restaurant - Grays
- Relief Manager - Derby and Sheffield
- Assistant Store Manager - Nottingham
- Store Manager - Part Time - Wokingham
- Store manager - Nr Bristol
- General Manager - Leisure - Southend
- General Manager - Leisure - Yeovil
- Leisure General Manager - Worthing
- Team Leader/Supervisor - Wolverhampton
- Store Manager - New Opening - Wolverhampton
- Head Chef/Kitchen Manager - Bristol Cabot Circus
- Branded Restaurant Managers - Newbury!
- Head Chef - New Opening - Hemel Hempstead
- Head Chef - Watford - Branded Restaurant!
- Assistant Manager - Branded Restaurant - Cambridge