Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Portsmouth
The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments conducts health and disability assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions.
Working from a network of 11 Assessment Services Centres and 150 Assessment Centres, assessments are conducted in the main areas of Employment and Support Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Veterans UK and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
Our practitioner group includes employed nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and doctors.
PURPOSE OF POST
To conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment.
Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer's day to day life in performing work related activities.
These assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the GMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To undertake recorded assessments where required.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
More Jobs from Recruiting for Care
- Occupational Health Physician (OHP) - Manchester
- Occupational Health Physician (OHP) - Glasgow
- Occupational Health Physician (OHP) - Reading
- Occupational Health Technician - Portsmouth
- Occupational Health Technician - Brighton
- Occupational Health Technician - Maidstone / Tonbridge
- Occupational Health Advisor (OHA) - Bristol
- Occupational Health Advisor (OHA) - Portsmouth
- Physiotherapist - Swansea
- Physiotherapist - Nottingham
- Physiotherapist - Peterborough
- Physiotherapist - Carmarthen
- Physiotherapist - Pontllanfraith
- Homecare Workers - Ladywood, Birmingham
- Homecare Workers - Bourneville
- Functional Assessor Doctor - Cardiff
- Functional Assessor Doctor - Swansea
- Functional Assessor Doctor - Nottingham
- Functional Assessor Doctor - Peterborough
- Functional Assessor Doctor - Carmarthen