Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Heavy manufacturing company based in Birmingham requires a Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer to join their established team of 6 maintenance engineers, working on a Day Shift (Mon - Fri) in a continuous 24/7 process plant.
ï‚· The Maintenance Technician will be required to repair, overhaul and attend breakdown situations, all within a continuous operating plant.
ï‚· Assisting the engineering maintenance team leader to identify future maintenance requirements.
ï‚· Have a proven background in the maintenance and repair of heavy industrial process equipment to include, pumps, gearboxes, and conveyors.
ï‚· Proficient in hydraulics, together with the ability to read schematic drawings and fault find.
ï‚· Knowledge of mounting and dismounting of large bearings.
ï‚· The ability to fabricate and TIG weld in stainless steel.
ï‚· Mechanical experience gained within a process manufacturing industry.
ï‚· Have a recognised apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline to ONC or equivalent.
ï‚· To be proactive and consider problems as a challenge.
ï‚· Have a strong commitment to Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety standards is essential.
ï‚· There is an annual Health and Safety Bonus based on Company performance.
ï‚· A Group Personal Pension Plan with a generous Company contribution element.
ï‚· All employees will be supported to develop their skills to keep up with demands of
changing technology, working practice and flexible working.
ï‚· Annual holiday of 33 days consisting of 25 days annual leave, 8 statutory days.
ï‚· Company Sick Pay is payable following 12 months service.
ï‚· Relocation support is available for the right candidate.
ï‚· 08:00-16:30 with 45 minute break.
ï‚· There is a limited opportunity to change the working hours as set within the Company guidelines.
If you have hesitated in moving roles previously due to the downturn or uncertainty in the economy, our client can genuinely offer you stability and job security within their established process plant with its roots in the region spanning over 100 years.
- Rate: Â£33k - 33.6k per year + Overtime + Benefits
- Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Technical Placements Ltd
- Contact: Tim Hill
- Tel: 01303 263000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TP1928
- Posted: 2016-10-06 16:54:41 -
- View all Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Quality Inspector
- CNC Machinist
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager - Aerospace
- Land Surveyor Instructor
- Group Engineering Manager - Bulk Handling
- Accident Repair Estimator
- Maintenance Engineer CNC Machines
- Bricklayer Concreting Instructor
- Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineering Coordinator
- Machine Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Bricklayer & Concreting Instructor
- Vehicle Accident Repair Estimator
- Concreting Bricklayer Instructor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Production Operative