Technical Sales Engineer -
POSITION: Technical Sales Engineer - Concrete Products
LOCATION: Halifax Wakefield, Dewsbury, Batley, Huddersfield, Barnsley
SALARY: Up to £39,000 per annum, Car allowance & benefits
Working exclusively on behalf of our client a large manufacturing business of construction based products special and bespoke to clients throughout the UK.
We are now looking to recruit A Technical Sales Engineer
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for support the team with construction design solutions, schemes and technical advice for liquid storage solutions, pre-stressed concrete panels and retaining wall systems to main contractors, Architects Specifiers and Engineers.
This role plays an integral part of the team and is a new role that requires a good Technical Engineer with a proven commercial awareness and presence within the Concretes Product Industry
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence others with in-depth Technical knowledge of pre-stressed concrete products.
You will proven experience of AutoCAD and the design of products with a desire to find creative solutions that add value to our clients business
- HNC/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of basic engineering and architectural principles
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD Version 13 or similar 2D & 3D
- IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work load, handle multiple projects and complete within timescales.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work flexibly, on own and as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake training and development as required.
- A high regard for safety and quality.
Communicate with and provide technical advice to Main Contractors, Architects, Specifiers and Engineers on a day to day basis.
- Have an engineering understanding of the technical applications of pre-stressed concrete panels and retaining wall systems and other concrete products
- Draughting drawings for contractors/engineers for approval
- Detailing works orders and preparing manufacturing details to allow production to commence
- Calculate take-off's and determine customer requirements from technical construction drawings.
- Determine correct specification of our clients extensive Concrete product range
- Create 2D technical drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide technical backup to our internal and external sales personnel including technical presentations and site visits.
- Provide technical backup to our production department on technical/quality issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current legislation and standards.
- Identify any trends in incoming specification work.
- Identify opportunities for New Product Development.
- Maintain and keep updated technical file with current designs.
- Liaise with external consultants in relation to the above
- Liaise with your line manager on a regular basis raising any key issues and major developments promptly;
- Attend commercial meetings on site and in customer's offices to determine specification and requirements for the Concrete product range
- Attend site queries in relation to use of/complaints regarding Whites Concrete Products
- Produce/assist in preparation of relevant marketing material
- Long range project tracking
- Attend relevant exhibitions, shows and seminars
08.45 - 17.00 (Monday to Friday) 39 hour week, however, flexibility is required to work additional hours as and when required to undertake role
Please forward your CV in word format to Tracie Norton or contact for more details on 01709 919393
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business
- Start: Immediately
- Duration: Fulltime
- Rate: £30000.00 - £39000.00 per annum + Car Allowance
- Location: South Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Tel: 01484645269 07807340744
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-10-06 22:07:24 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- CNC setter operator
- Contracts Manager
- Technical job controller/Workshop controller
- Pipefitter - Solvent Welding
- Mechanical Field Service Engineer
- CNC Turner
- Health and Safety Director
- Executive PA
- Quality Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- CNC Press Brake Setter-Operator
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Chief Engineer Power Transmission
- FABRICATIONS ESTIMATOR
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
- Chief Engineer
- Chief Engineer.
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- Service Engineer - Bakery