Operations Supervisor - Hospital (Houston -2nd shift)
UHS is seeking a strong 2nd shift Supervisor to lead our team within TMC!
The Hospital Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading the daily activities at a hospital-based Asset360 account, which includes delivering medical equipment to patient rooms and standby locations, retrieving soiled equipment, cleaning and processing equipment, conducting equipment tracking rounds throughout patient rooms and recording each activity.
Responsibilities also include managing the medical equipment inventory, maximizing equipment utilization, in-servicing clinical staff and maintaining detailed customer records (billing information and other as appropriate).
The Hospital Operations Supervisor may coordinate and supervise equipment management teams.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1 - 2 years in supervisor/management or customer excellence experience preferred.
- Business and financial management understanding to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Preferred knowledge of healthcare industry, including an understanding or experience with hospital medical equipment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as nights and emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Effectively builds credibility and trust with customer administration, clinicians and staff.
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Assists with the creation of a positive atmosphere and work environment for team.
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Proactive and self-directed; exhibits strong problem solving skills.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Responds positively to challenges and targets.
- Remains calm and self-controlled in the face of ambiguity and change.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Maintains and pro-actively manages customer relationships and provides leadership and direction to hospital team to ensure successful customer experience.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and by phone or e-mail.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves customer and staff concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Manages equipment inventory and par levels consistent with contract terms, pricing and policies.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical equipment; knows UHS equipment by name, appearance and accessory list.
- Manages missing and lost equipment, accessories and software upgrades.
- Reviews and performs audits on equipment to verify quality of product delivered to the customer.
Ensures that technicians properly clean, test for functionality, deliver and retrieve equipment.
- Oversees and promotes communication among team members to create visibility for internal staff and customers.
- Recruits, trains and develops hospital service technicians.
- Provides cross and lateral training, emphasizing continuous improvement and teamwork, and providing on-going feedback with focused action steps for areas of improvement.
- Holds self and staff accountable for completion of assignments.
- Partners with Account Executives, Operations Manager and Divisional Operations Director on customer meetings and calls as appropriate.
- Demonstrates sound and timely decision making skills.
- Promotes revenue growth, cost containment and expansion of UHS' services with customer.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver, 2nd shift, Chelmsford, MA
- Team Leader/Coordinator - Albuquerque
- Customer Service Tech /Houston, TX Full Time
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T OnDemand - Chicago. IL
- Hospital service technician - Full Time
- Hospital Service Technician /PT Nights Houston
- Hospital Service Technician/ FT Overnight (Alameda)
- Medical Delivery Driver - FT Houston
- Operations Manager/Surgical - San Francisco
- Scheduling Coordinator/Medical (Sun Valley)
- Hospital Service Technician - Sat/Sun Overnights (Alameda)
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery, 2nd shift - TEMP
- Hospital Equipment Transporter - P/T McHenry, IL
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Indianapolis Community Health
- Hospital Service Technician- P/T On Demand, Indianapolis, IN
- Hospital Service Technician - F/T 1st Shift - Cedar Rapids, IA
- Hospital Service Technician -PT Nights/Houston (Tues/Fri/Sun)
- Hospital Service Technician
- Biomedical Hospital on-site Leader (Houston)
- Specialty Sales Executive - Surgical - Denver, CO