Business Analyst (Permanent)
Analysis: Investigate, understand, assess and specify issues and changes impacting the business.
This may be pre-project analysis feeding into a cost-benefit analysis of whether to proceed with a project, or for a project which has already been authorised to proceed by the business.
For data-related projects understand how changes may impact common data architecture principles.
Project Documentation: For each project/task, write a business requirements document, with the emphasis being on providing a clear statement of requirements.
For some tasks, the business analyst will also work with IT to develop functional specifications.
Testing: Liaise with IT Departments to agree what test
Environments are required and how data for these test environments can be populated.
Document test cases and test results, using standard test documents, and consider appropriate test cases/scenarios.
Present test results to stakeholders.
System/Process Documentation: Develop and maintain documentation of systems and processes.
This will primarily involve creation of data flow diagrams, data definitions and other documents and will include participation in regular reviews of our data architecture.
Reporting: Maintain reports to track progress on personal workload and project updates.
- Holds a recognised degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a business analysis/support role within Financial Services.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and to make them easily understandable in documents and verbally.
- Experience of working within the Investment Management industry.
- Experience of working closely with Software Development and IT Operations teams.
- Experience of working with Operations and Dealing teams/functions.
- Experience of working on data-related projects.
- IMC or similar qualifications.
- Ability to query databases using SQL.
- Prince II or similar project management qualifications.
- A clear and concise writing style.
- An ability to tailor written communication to suit the intended audience.
- The ability to absorb information quickly.
- An analytical mind and an inquisitive nature.
- Ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders.
- Confident, self-assured, articulate, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Able to work closely with other team members and on own initiative.
- Adaptable/flexible to meet the demands of the job, often
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More Jobs from ITHR Group
- SAS Consultant
- Wireless Solution Sales Manager
- SAP IS-U Functional Analyst
- IT Solution Sales Manager
- Product Manager (BSS)
- Product Manager
- Data Analyst
- Data Analyst
- SFDC Sales Cloud and Pardot Developer
- Web Applications Developer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer (Test)
- Oracle Developer
- ASIC Manager – Analogue
- Optoelectronic Modules Engineering Manager
- Senior Optoelectronics Systems Engineer
- Analyst - Data Analytics
- Risk Manager
- Name Screening System Specialist
- Skype for Business Consultant