Trainee/Junior Programmer : Entry Level
Have you got super software skills? Are you a dab hand at developing? Then this Trainee/Junior Developer role might be just the ticket!
Our client, based just outside Manchester centre, is looking to recruit a Trainee/Junior Programmer to join their growing team.
This is an exciting role for anyone looking to start their career in IT.
The company is well-established and provides services for some very well-known brands.
The offices are based in a good location with plenty of free parking.
They offer a full training package and on-going support from Trainee to fully fledged Support Analyst/Developer.
We are looking for someone who is confident, keen, with excellent customer service skills who has a genuine interest in building a career in IT and has some experience of programming (not necessarily commercial).
Ideally you will have some form of IT qualification and have some experience of working in a customer service role but we will consider applications from recent College/University leavers.
You would be working within the delivery team to provide code, test, debug and document programs for relatively straightforward or small projects or to assist other programmers or analysts on more some of the more complex projects our client might support.
Main duties to include:
* Undertaking software development for customers
* Correctly managing all software development work through our clients version control system
* Highlight and help resolve customer issues to the mutual benefit of the company and the customer
* With customer/analyst agree, monitor and meet timescales for all projects undertaken
* Thoroughly unit test all software prior to release to the analyst
* Thoroughly system test prior to release where appropriate
* Record all support issues on our clients support system
* Provide actual hours and current progress information on projects conducted to the relevant line manager
* Ensuring all work is carried out to the highest quality
* Take support calls on behalf of the delivery team for customers and to cover for absences and other support resource issues
We are looking for:
* Someone wanting a career within programming/developing for an established and reputable organisation
* Experience of programming (commercial experience would be great but our client is open if you can demonstrate knowledge and a genuine desire to build on your experience within a commercial environment)
* Excellent customer service skills
* A confident and articulate manner
* An IT qualification (College or Degree level)
* Someone who is professional and personable
* Someone who is hardworking and keen to learn
* Someone who is willing to take on the out of hours support further down the line
In return you can expect:
* Salary circa £20k
* Hours of work between 8am : 6pm on either an early or late rota
* Annual profit share
* Competitive overtime rate for covering the out of hours service
* 23 days holiday rising with service
If you are interested in this position please contact Ilana Kaye on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSJP2589 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ?LIKE' OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Perm
- Rate: 18000-20000 Per Annum + excellent benefits package
- Location: Manchester, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Graduate
- Recruiter: F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Ilana Kaye
- Tel: 01613593111
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SSJP2589
- Posted: 2016-10-07 16:45:23 -
- View all Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Moulding Technician/Shift Supervisor
- Accounts Semi Senior
- Accounts Senior
- Audit Senior
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Systems Data Analysis Administrator
- PPC Manager/Paid Search Specialist/SEO Manager
- Office Junior
- Finance Admin Assistant
- Relationship Manager
- Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager
- Personal Tax Adviser
- Payroll Services Assistant
- Product Design Manager
- Corporate Services Senior/ Semi Senior
- Application Support Analyst
- Trainee/Graduate Recruitment Resourcer
- Sales Manager
- Software Developer : C#/.NET