Conference & Events Assistant
DOUBLETREE BY HILTON, LEEDS CITY CENTRE - Conference and Events Assistant
The Conference and Events Assistant role involves a range of duties, including: ensuring conference and events rooms are set up to a high standard according to guest requirements before they arrive, servicing the rooms during their event and being ready to help to make sure the event runs smoothly on the day.
You'll also serve food and drinks as and when required.
From syndicate rooms to conferences, exhibitions private banqueting/dinners and weddings you will ensure all of our guests receive efficient, professional and friendly service at all times.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Conference and Events Assistant role include:
* Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
* Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
* Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
* Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
* Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
* Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in customer service preferably in a hospitality related role, be able to work flexible hours on a shift basis on any day of the week.
An aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative while maintaining a cheerful disposition is required.
In return we offer offers a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Leeds was constructed in 2009 and has a modern feel.
The hotel lies directly adjacent to Leeds Central railway station and next to the canal, just to the south of the city centre in Granary Wharf an area which comprises luxury residential apartments, bars and restaurants.
The hotel holds a 4 star rating and comprises 333 guest rooms/suites, 19 conference rooms including a Sky Lounge, small fitness studio, City Cafe and Granary Lounge.
Apply now for the Conference and Events Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Public Area Cleaner
- Guest Services Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Room Attendant
- Sous Chef
- Meeting & Events/Sales Executive
- Bar Supervisor
- Reception Supervisor
- Conference and Events Assistant Operational
- Night Porter
- Chef de Partie
- Commis Chef
- Leisure Club Assistant
- Conference and Events Coordinator
- Breakfast Waiter/ress
- Assistant Revenue Manager