Senior Scientist - Genomics
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Scientist - Genomics to join a leading life science company based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Senior Scientist - Genomics you will be part of a team responsible for providing DNA extraction, genotyping, sequencing and PCR to global customers across pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical, research and molecular diagnostic industries.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We currently require a candidate to help support our clients research, development and application of their expanding portfolio of PCR based products.
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Genomics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
The R+D and Scientific Support functions develop and support all of the reagents and enzymes used across the business, particularly with regard to PCR-based genotyping chemistries.
As such you will be responsible for developing applications of existing technologies and product extensions.
As the Senior Scientist - Genomicsyou will also be required to troubleshoot the QC release of manufacturing batches.
As well as performing feasibility and proof of concept studies.
Key account support support and troubleshoot customer issues.
Application support support new applications using existing chemistries for customers.
You will provide Scientific Support and training for the Sales and Global Field Application Specialists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree qualification from a scientific discipline such as Molecular biology or similar
Proven industry experience working within a life sciences or molecular diagnostics environment is essential.
You will require a working knowledge and practical experience of Real-time PCR and End point PCR.
As well as manual and automated DNA extraction, SNP genotyping and developing applications.
Key Words: Genomics | Genotyping | PCR | DNA extraction | Scientist | Life Sciences | Molecular Biology |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 07/10/2016
- Rate: Experience Dependant
- Location: Hertfordshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Tel: 0203 225 5120
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J3078
- Posted: 2016-10-07 17:20:29 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Service Supervisor
- Research Scientist (Flow Cytometry)
- Senior Quality Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Principal Group Leader - Downstream Processing
- Study Manager in Drug Metabolism
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Deputy Head of Engineering and Facilities
- Senior Scientist - Research And Technology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Analytical Scientist
- Clinical Application Specialist
- Equipment & Facilities Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Health and Safety Manager
- Qualified Person
- QC Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager - Biologics Development
- Senior Validation Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager