Our client based in North Manchester, is a well-established business with over 20 years of industry knowledge supporting the retail and lighting world in producing high quality products.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Technical Estimator to join their already successful and friendly team.
This is an exceptional opportunity and requires an exceptional person!
It is both challenging and rewarding in equal measures and our client needs someone who can be as hands on as they are strategic, and who ultimately wants a career with development and responsibility.
You will need to be motivated, charismatic, quick thinking and resourceful and have the necessary skills our client is looking for and if you are able to prove your worth and capabilities, be dynamic, organised and people focussed and want to get on in this company, then the sky is the limit!
Our client is offering a fantastic package to the right person, along with a company profit share bonus scheme and healthcare.
Ideally you will have proven experience in a similar estimating capacity within engineering, technical specification, business to business back ground.
Technical ability and understanding of the clients solution offerings is needed in order to be successful in this role.
Your ability to discuss solutions and be able to prepare and submit quotations in a professional manner is essential, as is your numeracy and computer literacy skills.
As a technical estimator you will maintain a strong relationship with the clients and suppliers, ensuring that you understand the brief, you look for innovative solutions, suggesting ideas and cross selling but to ultimately drive the project.
Along the way, you will have to have good internal persuasion and communication skills.
It is an essential component of this role that our clients are serviced to highest standard.
Main duties to include:
* Prepare concise quality quotations for clients and internal use
* Produce reports as directed/requested
* Effectively liaise with design and production departments on projects
* Build solid business relationships
* Ascertain best costs and source alternatives where necessary
* Utilising in house existing excel costing sheets
We are looking for:
* Experience within a technical estimating capacity
* Understanding manufacturing times and methods
* Be mechanically and electronically minded, ability to understand production drawings
* Drawing on your excellent negotiation skills, materials and engineering knowledge
* Ability to maintain existing relationships with suppliers from many backgrounds (acrylic, timber, metals, fabrication etc.)
* Ability to ascertain costs not readily available
* Having excellent communication skills on all levels from colleagues, suppliers and clients
* Being accurate and having an excellent work ethic.
* An un-blinkered approach
* A pride in achievements
* Capability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
* Demonstrate high motivation and determination
* Diligent reporting and communication
* Strong team player with professional image
* Clear, articulate delivery of instructions and information to teams
In return you can expect:
* Salary: £30-35k flexible
* Hours: 8.30am-5.30pm with a 3pm finish Fridays
* Holidays: 20 days holiday rising to 25 with service
* Profit share (TBC)
* Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville or Ilana Kaye on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSTE2584 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ?LIKE' OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Perm
- Rate: 28000-35000 Per Annum + excellent benefits package
- Location: Oldham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Sharon Seville
- Tel: 0161 359 3111
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SSTE2584
- Posted: 2016-10-07 19:20:30 -
- View all Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Corporate Tax Senior
- PA to the Head of Costs
- Customer Support/Sales Office Assistant
- Purchasing Assistant
- Fit Out Quantity Surveyor
- Contracts/Project Manager
- Moulding Technician/Shift Supervisor
- Accounts Semi Senior
- Accounts Senior
- Audit Senior
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Systems Data Analysis Administrator
- PPC Manager/Paid Search Specialist/SEO Manager
- Office Junior
- Finance Admin Assistant
- Relationship Manager
- Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager
- Personal Tax Adviser
- Payroll Services Assistant