Staff Nurse in General Surgery (Band 5) - Cornwall
We are currently seeking experienced Band 5 Nurses for immediate placement in the Cornwall area.
These positions are available on a full time permanent basis.
We are offering competitive pay rates and the opportunity to work in a busy forward thinking hospital with great success rates.
- To work as a skilled member of the nursing team
- To provide a high standard of compassionate patient centred care.
- To lead and supervise the work of other qualified and unqualified staff within the team
- To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To be able to take charge of the ward in the absence of senior nursing staff, as deemed appropriate by the Ward Sister / Charge Nurse or Clinical Matro
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide the highest standard of evidence based / research informed nursing care for all patients
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care
- To supervise and support members of the ward team to ensure that all patients receive the appropriate care
- To maintain a compassionate, caring and safe environment for all
- To act as an advocate for the patients and their families and or carers, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To co-ordinate care involving members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that planned care / treatments are carried out and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient's condition.
- To assist in ensuring that patient safety is a key priority within the daily discharge of duty: actively participating in clinical audit / research, clinical risk and quality issues and the reporting and management of incidents.
- In the absence of senior staff take charge of the shift.
This would include maintaining the correct skill mix of staff for patient dependency, bed management, utilisation of time and equipment
- To actively contribute to the educational and practical training of learners and junior staff
- To participate in both informal and formal teaching of all staff
- Valid NMC registration or in progress
Areas we cover in Cornwall include:
- St Austell
- St Ives
- Excellent pay rates
- Daily Payroll
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
- Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- Doctor in Diabetes & Endocrinology - East Lancashire
- Doctor in Psychiatry (Consultant) - Old Age - Isle of Wight
- Consultant in old age psychiatry - Hull
- Staff grade in addictions & forensic psychiatry - Hull
- Doctor in Trauma and Orthopaedics (Trust Grade) - Lincolnshire
- Locum Doctor in Paediatric Cardiology - London + Across UK
- Staff Nurse in General Medicine (Band 5) - Cornwall
- Locum Substance Misuse Psychiatrist - London + Across UK
- Doctor in Adult Psychiatry (Consultant Level) - Isle of Wight
- Doctor in Respiratory and General Medicine - Isle of Wight
- Locum Stroke Occupational Therapist (OT) - Stevenage
- Locum Care of the Eldery Occupational Therapist (OT) - Plymouth
- Locum Sonographer - Southport/Ormskirk
- General Practitioner (GP) - Permanent Vacancies in Australia
- Locum Diagnostic Radiographer - Cumbria
- Locum Community/Rehab Occupational Therapist (OT) - London
- Locum MSK Physiotherapist - Bournemouth / Dorset
- Locum Acute Medical Physiotherapist - Shropshire
- Consultant in general adult psychiatry/ honorary - Hull
- Consultant in child and adolescent psychiatry - Hull