Social Worker - Childrens Locality Team (Guernsey)
We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the busy Childrens locality Team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This will include undertaking work with children in need, children in need of protection and children subject of Care Requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children’s Hearing System in Scotland.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
Qualified Social Worker with current full HCPC registration.
Minimum of one year post qualifying UK or Channel Islands-based experience in child protection work.
A detailed knowledge and understanding of theory and legislation in relation to child protection.
Experience of undertaking a variety of needs and risk assessments and undertaking joint investigations.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Ability to cope in stressful situations, prioritise and manage own caseload.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A competitive salary, plus £1,000 annual bonus.
- A relocation package or single subsidised accommodation can be provided.
- A continental atmosphere where the people are friendly and taxes are considerably lower than the mainland.
Medic International is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Specialist healthcare staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Social Worker role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For a summary of all current Medic International Social Worker Jobs click HERE; and for a summary of all current Guernsey opportunities click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£40k - 45.5k per year + Relocation, Accomm, Â£1,000 bonus.
- Location: Channel Islands
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: ASWC810/GY
- Posted: 2016-10-09 07:12:59 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- General Manager - Nursing and Dementia Care Home
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - A&E
- Ward Manager-Mental Health (CAMHS)
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - Acute Medicine
- Charge Nurse-Mental Health (CAMHS HDU)
- MRI Radiographer P/T (18.75 Hrs)
- Deputy General Manager - Neurology Care Centre
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Theatre Practitioner (Multi-Skilled)
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Locum Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - ITU (Isle of Man)
- NHS Band 6 Theatre (Cardiac) Scrub Practitioners
- Sister/Charge Nurse - Surgical (Band 6/7)
- Hospital Physiotherapist: Senior 2 (Band 6)
- Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology (Band 5/6)
- Staff Nurse - Medical Ward (Band 5/6)
- Physiologists - Register for future Opportunities
- Senior Staff Nurse - Chemotherapy Day Unit (Band 6)
- Hospital Occupational Therapist: Senior 2 (Band 5/6)