Position: Factory Manager
Salary: £35'000 to £45'000 per annum + Company Vehicle, Pension + Additional Benefits + Extensive training and personal development
Hours of work: Days, Monday to Friday
Our client is a UK leading manufacturing of concrete based products.
With a network of factories and manufacturing plants across the UK we are now seeking an experienced factory / production manager to be based at one of their manufacturing plants in the Worcestershire area.
Applicants will be invited from a variety of backgrounds but will be required to demonstrate experience of working within a building products based background, e.g.
concrete, wet cast, pre-cast, cement, brick, aggregate, etc
The successful applicant will lead a multi-functional production team of circa 20 reports, covering manufacturing and office support functions, to achieve key targets within the factory environment, thereby delivering Cost, Quality and Efficiency benefits to the Business.
The right candidate will require the ability to lead, inspire and develop manufacturing operations through man management skills, whilst ensuring no compromise to quality and health safety procedures.
The role will be reporting to the factory manager providing excellent opportunities for personal and career development through an in-depth and recognised training and development program supported with significant and sustained investment.
Key responsibilities will lie in the following functional areas:
- The development and promotion through effective communication of Company, Factory and team plans and their focussed implementation to achieve defined objectives.
- People Management, motivation and development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of lean manufacturing techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of Manufacturing Capability.
- Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping using the 5S principles.
- Effective interdepartmental liaison to achieve defined objectives, at times taking responsibility for the engineering and maintenance support teams.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience of concrete manufacturing processes
- A high degree of self-motivation and want to progress within an organisation.
- The ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of the business.
- The ability to understand, accept and achieve targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Leadership and man management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem solving techniques, provide solutions and delegate responsibility when required.
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications
- A strong appreciation of the importance of safe working practices and health and safety within a manufacturing environments
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel and the ability to analyse data to inform decision making
- Experience in continuous operation production process
- A recognised qualification - Desirable
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing health and safety
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Ability to read & understand technical/CAD drawings desirable
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include as a minimum:
- ILM Programme (Management and Leadership).
- Health & Safety Management Training
- IEMA - Environmental Management
- NVQ in Business Improvement
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Installation and Service Engineering Manager
- TIG Welder Stainless and Pipe
- FLT Driver - Counterbalance & Reach
- Vehicle & LGV Technican
- Sheet Metal Worker/fabricator
- Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Fitter - Shifts
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Panel Wirer
- Maintenance Electrician - Nights
- Engineering Surveyor - Mechanical
- Plater / Welder
- Engineering Surveyor - Pressure
- Architectural Working Site Supervisor / Fixer
- Electrical maintenance engineer
- Electrical maintenance engineer
- Fork Lift Truck Driver
- National Engineering Compliance Manager
- Mixing technician - Process Operative