Multi-Skilled Field Service Engineer
Electro Mechanical Field Support Engineer
£200 per day
Burnley, UK and Global
Rotation: 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off or 6&3 (depending on the project)
Hours: 12hr days, 7 days a week
Rate: £200 per day (all other locations) or £15/hr (Burnley workshop)
Accommodation, Meals & Expenses: all found
Additional: Leave can be taken unpaid or there is the option to work at the workshop in Burnley which is paid at £15/hr all hours worked.
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Qualified and experienced in Mechanical and Electrical equipment troubleshooting, maintenance and repair.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a multi-disciplinary plant maintenance role, preferably with working knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Hands-on experience working in a production environment performing maintenance, fault-finding and repair of mechanical and electrical machinery, including diesel engine plant.
- Solid Engineering knowledge base
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills; ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own an others time efficiently
- Familiar with PLC control systems, programming and fault-finding and repair.
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, fault-finding and repair.
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and/or local legislation.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of production line equipment.
- To know and understand the safe operation of project related equipment such as line-up station, powered and lifting rollers.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Focus on hazard identification and housekeeping.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include…
- Provide engineering support to field activities, including PQT’s and new project startups at any location.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment on one or more project sites.
- When working in Burnley the Equipment Support Technician will report to the appropriate manager in the workshop or engineering department.
- Work with the assigned Project Manager on site to ensure that equipment is maintained in safe and efficient working order by means of a planned maintenance system, and that appropriate stocks of spares are maintained on site for maintenance of the equipment.
- Develop operational experience of equipment and systems through recommendations for future improvements.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs to equipment in a safe manner with minimal disruption to production activities.
- Log maintenance work carried out, highlighting any issues which may require future attention at the end of the project.
- Where schedules for maintenance of the equipment that are appropriate for the working conditions do not exist, to develop new schedules accordingly.
- Support the Project Manager and Project Supervisor in the promotion of safety awareness on the site and establishing safe work practices.
- Complete weekly reports detailing machine issues and equipment status.
Our client is a long established engineering specialist operating across a vast number of industries around the globe.
They are a leader in what is a very niche market and had have enjoyed considerable growth since their inception.
With a vast workforce based both in the UK and around the world they are currently experiencing further growth and are now looking to add an Engineer to their North West team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a financially progressive and stable company whilst also gaining a most interesting and varied role.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£200 per day
- Location: Burnley, Lancashire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Heads Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Steven Jakara
- Tel: the 0161 746 3311
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SJFST3
- Posted: 2016-10-10 13:04:17 -
- View all Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
- Production Operative
- Order Picker/Warehouse Operative
- Manufacturing Operative
- PCB Solderer
- Production Operative
- FLT Counterbalance Driver
- FLT Reach or VNA Driver
- Warehouse Operative
- Nights Warehouse Operative
- Warehouse Operative
- Order picker
- Packing Operative
- LGV, C+E, HGV (driver) Tramper
- LGV, C+E, HGV (driver) Temp to perm
- LGV, C+E, HGV (driver) Shunter
- Weekend Multidrop Van Driver x10
- LGV, C+E, HGV (driver)Part time/ semi retired
- Hoist driver
- Recruitment Consultant