Account Manager - Food Industry
As a result of a retirement an excellent opportunity has arisen to join a privately owned market leader in the Food and Drink Industry in an Account Management role.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will be responsible for growing existing accounts, both in the UK and overseas, and securing new accounts.
It will also involve managing existing foodservice partners and generating new business, as well as developing and putting in place sales strategies necessary for achieving sales targets.
It is envisaged that 40% of the role will be office based with the remainder involving travel throughout the UK.
Account Manager - Main Responsibilities.
To manage existing customer accounts and build new customer relationships in the following key areas:-
Delivered Wholesalers – Chilled & Frozen
Fast Food Operators
Major National Hotel & Restaurant Chains
Foodservice business within the major Retailers
Ready Meal Manufacturers
Contract Pack Customers
Direct sales to retailers
Account Manager - Skills / Experience Required
Food Science / Technology degree
Commercial Account managing experience
Proven and demonstrable knowledge of Development processes and ideally experience within similar previous categories, but also different food areas
Considerable Food Industry experience and knowledge within a variety of categories is preferred
Commercial awareness, ensuring costs are well controlled and optimised
Benefits of the Role
Hours based around office hours, but flexibility will be required to fulfil the duties of the role as agreed with your Line Manager.
33 days holiday including Bank holidays.
Company car will be provided, but not including fuel for personal use.
Rate of pay circa £40,000.
If the role is of interest, then please send your CV today
Key Word Search - Brand Manager, Account Manager, National Account Manager, Commercial Manager, Brand Manager, Key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, National Account Manager
Please note due to a high volume of applicants if we do not contact you then please be advised that your application was unsuccessful.
- Start: 09/09/2016
- Rate: Â£40k per year + Company Car
- Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Sales
- Recruiter: manucomm recruitment
- Contact: Fay Reynolds
- Tel: 07846 244313
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: JO000267
- Posted: 2016-10-10 14:56:31 -
- View all Jobs from manucomm recruitment
More Jobs from manucomm recruitment
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer / Shift Engineer
- Shift Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Administrator / Technical Assistant - Food Industry
- CAD Engineer / Junior CAD Engineer
- Maintenance Technician / Electrical Engineer
- Production Operative - Temp to Perm
- Production Operative / General Labourer
- Production Operative
- Customer Delivery Driver / Van Driver
- Hygiene Manager
- Procurement Manager / Purchasing manager / Senior Buyer
- Production Operative - Tiles
- Market Segment Manager - Industrial
- Paint Sprayer Team leader
- Warehouse Assistant - FLT Driver
- Shopfitting Contracts Manager
- Production Shift Supervisor - Food
- Production Planning Manager
- Production Operatives - Permanent Roles