C# Developer - Mid Level, Essex.
C# Developer - Mid Level, Essex.
Main Purpose of Job
As a member of the development team you'll be responsible for helping deliver high-quality bespoke software and database projects on time and within budget.
Working as an individual or within a team you will contribute throughout the full development life-cycle for both new and on-going projects.
As a Developer you will be expected to partake in the design, development and testing of clever, high quality systems for customers and for our own web applications.
You will be required to take part in daily SCRUM meetings and to work with Senior Software Developers and the wider project team to ensure
the timely delivery of software projects.
* Degree level qualification or equal experience in a related subject or field
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to use appropriate development languages (C#, HTML, SQL) development languages
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a team
* Eye for detail and identifying problems and solutions
* An understanding of business
* At least 2 years relevant commercial experience
* Self-motivated, able and open to learning and professional etc.)
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Participate in bespoke software design & development, including:
* Developing new and on-going web and Windows software projects.
* Logging error reports in accordance with defined bug tracking processto ensure that bugs are identified and quantified as soon as possible.
* Investigating and debugging error reports assigned to you.
* Creating and utilising efficient database schemas, making full use of normalization, indexing and primary and foreign key constraints.
* Maintaining up-to-date time tracking and task status information in accordance with our time tracking and project processes to facilitate accurate project planning.
* Liaising with customers where required to ensure we deliver excellent customer service.
* Providing technical reviews of requirements and estimating the time required for development.
Deliver all software to a high quality by:
* Identifying and recording, via development management tools, areas of the codebase that may require refactoring and, where necessary, performing that refactoring with minimal impact on existing functionality.
* Maintaining language-appropriate coding styles.
* Making full use of defined testing practices to help confirm software requirements are being met and to identify and then fix changes that will break existing functionality.
* Ensuring all source code and database schemas are kept up-to-date and under source control at all times, including providing descriptive commit messages to help track changes throughout project development and maintenance.
* Raising with your project lead or manager, in a timely manner, any actual or potential problems and risks you encounter during development.
* Identifying to your project lead or manager any processes, tools or training you think would improve the software we deliver or help you further your skills as a developer.
* Performing ad-hoc releases and/or hotfixes as required to ensure software remains stable and as bug free as possible.
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.
More Jobs from ABrecruit
- Mid Level C# Developer - to 50k
- Junior C# Developer - work with C#6 and LEARN!
- Junior / Mid-Level C#.Net Developer - 35k - 45k
- Senior UX Designer
- Senior / Lead C#.Net Developer - 55k - 70k
- DevOps Engineer - London - 50k - 65k
- Agile Business Analyst / UAT - to 45k
- AngularJS Developer - London - to 55k
- Manual QA Tester - must have recent UNIX experience - to 43k
- Mid Level Full Stack C# / Angular Developer to 40k
- Lead Full Stack C# / Angular.js Developer - London (to 65k)
- Senior C# .Net Developer
- IT Operations & Security Technician - to 42.5k
- Senior UX Designer - 2 days per week for 3 months.