Technologist II - Microbiology
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technologist II - Microbiology.
The Technologist II- Microbiology assists in the commissioning of the relevant sections.
This involves the commissioning of equipment, IT systems, recruitment, on-boarding and training of staff, preparing policies and procedures in accordance with CAP-ISO15189 and JCI.
The incumbent is part of a team of Biomedical Scientists/Technologists delivering high quality services in their speciality and has operational oversight of a team within the department.
He/ She provides professional support in the area of speciality to the Chief Technologist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively supervises other BMS staff within their section to ensure an efficient throughput of work.
- Assists the Supervisor - Microbiology in the implementation of management decisions affecting the sections, as documented above.
- Maintains co-operation between the section and between disciplines by regular liaison with other section leads and senior staff.
This includes attendance at staff meetings.
- Leads by good example in order to motivate staff to create high quality work, interest and contribution.
- Actively participates in the technical work of the section.
- In liaison with the Supervisor - Microbiology, ensures adequate stocks of reagents and consumables are available for the efficient running of the service.
- Uses LIS to generate workload statistics and run queries.
- In liaison with Supervisor - Microbiology, provides technical advice on, and assists in the selection of new equipment.
- Monitors and advises on the use of reagents and consumables in the section.
- Takes responsibility for the maintenance and safe use of equipment within the section.
- Helps to ensure the provision of a high quality, cost-effective service with the emphasis on quality assurance in all aspects of the section supervised by monitoring and audit of internal quality control.
- Participates in the external quality assurance schemes that the department subscribes to.
Monitors, records and reports back results, participating in discussion to rectify areas of concern if necessary.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Sciences or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Experience in LIS operations
- Specialty (ASCP) or FIBMS (UK) or equivalent
- Knowledge of ISO 15189/CAP/JCI standards and guidelines
- Experience in team management
- Experience in evaluating new technologies
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Electrical Site Supervisor
- Site Manager
- Superintendent Mammography Radiographer
- Clinical Practice Facilitator - Oncology
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
- Sister - Paediatrics
- Sister/Charge Nurse - ENT/Ophthalmology
- Staff Nurse Band 5 Neurosciences
- Staff Nurse - Urology & Renal
- Senior Staff Nurse ITU - All Facilities
- Safeguarding Lead
- Group Risk Manager
- Practice Development Lead Nurse - Oncology
- Staff Nurse - ITU
- Staff Nurse - General Paediatrics
- Senior Staff Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Orthopaedics (Paediatrics)
- Infection Control Nurse