Marketing Analysts: Devices / Materials - Cambs
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for Senior Market Analysts: Devices & Materials .
These roles are commutable from Cambridge, Bedford, St.
Neots, Huntingdon, Sandy, Yaxley.
To utilise business trends and market research skills and knowledge to help identify new materials / device based technologies, applications and product areas that fit within company business aspirations.
To provide business and market-led analysis and insight to complement technology-push idea generation from the more scientifically-focussed team members, enabling holistic decisions to be made on whether to progress new technologies, applications and product ideas to the next phase of Research & Development.
Identify enterprises that the company might want to build a relationship with to accelerate development of technologies and applications, ensuring clear justifications are made and obtain the support from the appropriate people for the proposal.
Edit company literature, product and technology profiles.
Be responsible for any exhibitions the company elects to have a stand at, ensuring a professional stand which best highlights the technologies to be shown as well as ensuring literature provided is up to date and professionally produced.
• Identify and evaluate material / device based new business ideas and opportunities according to the company criteria with focus on the business potential and market-led justification and with critical insight to the technological aspects of the proposals.
• Carry out the supporting market studies for new technologies, application and product ideas, including appropriate market segmentation studies to identify the size and needs of addressable market segments.
• Provide market and competitor intelligence in a broad range of sectors including Printed Electronics, Information Technology, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Energy and Environment.
• Conduct analysis of new business ideas and technologies to identify target position in the value chain, develop exploitation scenarios and assess target cost point for materials and/or technologies.
• Prepare documentation which meets the needs to making timely and valid decisions regarding new technologies.
Ensure information covers all the aspects required according to the new project proposal process.
• Develop and maintain contact strategy to establish new leads and business relationships with enterprises which have complementary technologies to the company in order to reduce time from research concept to new products.
• Represent the company at industry events, conferences and new business events and organise professional participation at agreed trade shows and events.
• Maintain the relevant parts of the company website, ensuring it is up to date and relevant, that it is professional and that the marketing message is appropriate.
• Successful candidates are likely to have held roles in market analysis or business development and will have demonstrable experience of effective market research & analysis and/or business development within a materials, chemical, scientific or technical industrial sector.
• Proven track record of making sound business and market-led recommendations.
• Demonstrable record of initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party enterprises.
• Strong internal and external networking skills and track record of utilising networks to benefit the organisation.
• Excellent report writing, preparation and presentation skills.
• Enthusiastic with drive to understand market, business and technical aspects of new technologies and opportunities.
• Ability to identify gaps in the company network with external enterprises/Universities and to creatively identify partners to close such gaps.
• Ability to think, plan and execute strategically while maintaining focus to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrate excellent ability to communicate business and market concepts and exploitation strategies clearly and synergistically with technological aspects.
• Ability to communicate complex business cases and technologies to a range of senior management and technically focused peers.
• A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a chemical, physical or materials engineering science discipline.
Salary circa £44k per annum but flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for these Senior Marketing Analysts: Materials & Devices roles in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus benefits
- Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Andy Grant
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MADS-401649-AG
- Posted: 2016-10-10 16:10:46 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Optical Test & Metrology Engineer - Oxon
- Etching & Photolithography Process Engineer - Cambs
- Precision Optical Polishers / Fabricators - Sussex
- RF Circuit & Antenna Design / Development Engineers
- Device Development Engineer - Oxfordshire
- Thin Film Coatings Engineer - Oxfordshire
- Precision Optical Polishers / Fabricators - Sussex
- Business Development Manager - North West
- Electrical/Electronic Engineers - Herts
- Optical Design Engineers - Oxfordshire
- Researcher, Synthetic Chemistry - Cambs
- Optoelectronic Polymer Scientist - Cambs
- Electronic Panel Builder - London
- Field Service Engineer - Combustion Equipment
- Web Services Developer - Merseyside
- Applications Engineer: Mechanical / Process - Herts
- Scientist/Engineer: Energy Harvesting & Storage - Cambs
- Resourcing / Recruitment Manager - London
- Embedded Software Developers - Merseyside