Procurement Manager - Sub Contracts
I am actively assisting the leading largest inward investor in the UK defence sector group with their searches for a Procurement manager - Sub Contracts
Working within the Support and Service Solutions (S3) UK Line of Business you will be required to support the many bids and projects undertaken by the business with supplier engagement and contracts management.
You will help ensure that good business is won and successfully delivered to our customers by applying commercial acumen to supplier management best practice and functional governance processes to all bids and proposals.
This role will involve actively working as the Procurement interface into Mode 5 IFF Integrated Project Team(s) (IPT) while supporting other areas of the Procurement function.
The primary focus for this role will be the management of major suppliers and sub-contractor commitments for the Mode 5 IFF programme within the S3 line of business.
You will also help develop the supplier relationship and look for opportunities to reduce the cost to the programme and secure additional or follow on work.
Salary - £55,000
Location - Bristol
Key Responsibilities -Procurement manager - Sub Contracts:
- Lead the delivery of sub-contract management activities and other procurement related services which may be required by the Business i.e.
Make vs Buy, Supplier Capability Assessments
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
- Focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and supply base matters
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g.
sub-contract risk, liability and exchange rate exposure etc.
and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Draft and prepare complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
- Lead the generation and review of 'appropriate' specifications and Statement of Work documents
- Promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
- Effectively communicate engineering and project requirements to the supply base
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand Internal Customer requirements
- Management of Export Compliance, restrictions and third party rights for all procured items
Desirable Knowledge and Skills - Procurement manager - Sub Contracts
- Education to degree level or equivalent, legal or business related degree preferred.
CIPS, Management and or Project Management qualifications are desirable.
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Good negotiating skills
- A familiarity with SAP and its functionality
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Understanding of basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Understanding of export compliance, ITAR, EAR, Import taxes and duties
- Understanding of contract law and its application in the Defence/Aerospace industry.
Preparing and drafting standard and non-standard agreements
- Understanding of Offset/Industrial Participation
- Understanding of risk management.
- Proven track record of negotiating major subcontracts and their Management thereafter of Contract and major subcontractors for long term, high value systems integration programmes.
- Identifying and understanding commercial risks
- Good communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Proactive, Tenacious, results driven
- Copes well under pressure.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Defence & Aerospace industry (or a similar sector) and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- As well as procuring hardware the ability to procure in-tangible services linked to design and development / professional services is desirable
- An ability to think ‘outside of the box' offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation Be innovative
- Tenacious and determined
More Jobs from Holt Recruitment
- Bodyshop Manager
- Service Advisor
- Supply Chain Coordinator / Buyer
- HGV Technician
- Technician/ MOT Tester
- Service Advisor
- Assembly Technician
- Deputy Assistant Manager/ Technician / MOT Tester
- Preper / Prepper
- Panel Beater
- Paint Sprayer