Financial Services Operations Associate, Glasgow
Financial Services Operations Associate
Glasgow City Centre
£103 per day
FPSG's client is a global leader in the Financial Services industry.
They are currently expanding their Credit & Market Risk Operations Team.
You will be working in the Global Team that is responsible for providing Proof and Control for Counterparty and Market Risk data to the Credit & Market Risk Department, Global Standards and Disclosures and Regulatory Controllers.
The team is responsible for assisting with escalation of issues to appropriate contacts and maintaining control over the Credit & Market Risk Operations processes.
As an Associate your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and overseeing Credit and Market Risk reconciliations
- Attend Weekly Risk Meeting to review all outstanding risk issues with outsource support
- Perform various intra-day & end of day control checks on occasional basis to ensure that outsourcer delivers quality output
- Identify risk issues, escalate where appropriate and provide assistance in resolving
- Ensure upward and peer communication of developments and issues
- Review changes suggested by outsourcer related to process, documentation, etc.
and approve by following the proper change management process
- Perform various reconciliation functions for those processes retained within the Control Group.
- Ensure the team's SLAs are met and, where possible, exceeded
- Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the team's control framework and ensuring controls are carried out in as efficient a manner as possible
- Ensuring existing procedures are documented, kept current and complied with
- Participate in testing to protect process from impacts of system/booking changes
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and business partners
- Build an understanding of our process and how this links to our clients' requirements and the regulatory framework
- Pro-actively communicate exceptions / issues within processes which may impact our clients but are out with our immediate scope of reporting
- Provide periodic updates on project deliverables to team management
- Participate in weekly / monthly risk meetings with key internal stakeholders, providing updates on outstanding issues
As a successful Associate, you will have:
- Operations experience in a Line or Risk function within an FS Organisation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in preparing metrics and reporting with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in using Microsoft Office application suite, especially Excel for handling of large metrics data and PowerPoint for the production of risk reports
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and has a deliver-focused approach, prioritises effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter with multi-tasking abilities
- Strong sense of ownership for control and quality of output
In return our client will reward you with 31 days annual leave, Pension auto enrolment, on site Gym and much more.
If you would like to apply for this position please utilise the ‘Apply' link below.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
More Jobs from FPSG Connect
- Senior Investigator: eDiscovery & Investigations
- Senior Associate Tax - Malta
- German Customer Service Advisor
- Spanish + 1 other language speaking Customer Service Advisor
- French Customer Service Advisor
- Danish / Swedish / Finnish / Norwegian Customer Advisor
- Dutch Customer Service Advisor
- Welsh Customer Service Advisor
- Senior Associate Corporate Services Provider - Malta
- Paralegal - Personal Injury
- Linux Engineer
- Senior UI Developer
- Windows Engineer
- Corporate Financing Manager - Switzerland
- Senior Manager Audit
- PA to CEO, Loanhead in Edinburgh
- Digital Graphic Designer
- Java / Open Source Developer
- US Tax Senior Manager (Asset Management) - Bermuda
- US Audit Senior - Netherlands