Street Outreach Worker, Reading
Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for an Street Outreach Worker based in Reading.
The main purpose of the position is to work as part of an Reading outreach service to assertively make contact with all rough sleepers and the wider street population and assess their needs thoroughly so they can be supported and/or reconnected away from rough sleeping and a harmful street lifestyle.
You will be responsible for securing access to entitled services which are suitable for their immediate needs, and address their ongoing support issues and enable them to establish a sustainable lifestyle away from the streets as quickly as possible.
To appropriately divert people away from rough sleeping and a street lifestyle, including assisting people to reconnect to home areas both inside and outside the UK.
This role will work with Migrants with migrants both from Europe and outside as well as UK nationals and knowledge of this group and developing networks overseas will also be expected.
You will be responsible for supporting a minimum of one project volunteer interpreter.
Your main day to day activities will be to carry a case load of clients living on the streets and case manage them off the streets and support them to sustain accommodation and treatment.
These will include clients with multiple and complex needs, including substance use, mental illness and offending histories.
You will carry out Street shifts with colleagues and /or partner agencies including the police, working flexibly mainly a combination of early (5am, 1pm; 6am-2pm, 7am -3pm ) and day shifts with occasional late shifts to best target clients on the streets.
This will include driving the team outreach vehicle.
Why work with Service Care Solutions? -
, A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
, Excellent referral bonuses
, An extensive AND exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
, Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
, Payroll service twice a week
, Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
, Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
, Loyalty schemes / bonuses
, DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information please contact Sam on 01772 208 966 or email email@example.com
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse- Watford, London
- DISTRICT NURSES- OXFORDSHIRE
- Registered General Nurse Band 5-STEVENAGE
- STAFF NURSE BAND 5 / RGN - PETERBOROUGH
- REGISTERED GENERAL NURSE - OXFORD
- Mental Health Care Assistants-Hampshire
- Quantity Surveyor - Gloucestershire
- Permanent Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse- East London
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant- East London
- Legal Secretary
- Family Support Volunteer - Home-start St. Helens
- Best Interest Assessor, Newham Council
- Band 5 Community Staff Nurse - South Woodford, London
- Childrens Project Worker
- Social Worker Transitions Team
- Mental Health Social Worker, Part Time, Central London
- Band 5 Community Nurse RGN - Walthamstow, London
- Support Worker
- Support Worker / Care Assistant