Technical Scientist - Genomics
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Technical Scientist - Genomics to join a leading company based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Technical Scientist - Genomics you will be specialising in products and services in the field of SNP genotyping, DNA extraction and sequencing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The new Technical Scientist - Genomics will be apart of the scientific support team, which are responsible for technical, applications and marketing support.
Your role will be varied but the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Supporting external and internal users of patented SNP-genotyping technology and providing detailed technical advice to external customers.
Troubleshooting complex technical issues such as unexpected genotyping data for customers using the company's products and chemistries, in a timely and approachable manner.
Manage queries using a web based help-desk system, prioritising queries and ensuring accurate updates of the system, along with ensuring customer queries and responses are processed appropriately.
Providing laboratory support for new applications and queries.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Scientist - Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree qualification within the area of molecular biology/biochemistry or another relevant scientific discipline.
Proven industry experience in a genotyping environment and knowledge of PCR.
Strong laboratory skills and the ability to work with application on robotic equipment.
The ability to work pragmatically with a proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to travel both domestically and occasionally overseas.
Key Words: Genomics | PCR | DNA extraction | SNP - Genotyping | Troubleshooting | Technical Support |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 10/10/2016
- Rate: Experiance Dependent
- Location: Hertfordshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Tel: 0203 225 5120
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J3089
- Posted: 2016-10-10 18:04:40 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Service Supervisor
- Research Scientist (Flow Cytometry)
- Senior Quality Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Principal Group Leader - Downstream Processing
- Study Manager in Drug Metabolism
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Deputy Head of Engineering and Facilities
- Senior Scientist - Research And Technology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Analytical Scientist
- Clinical Application Specialist
- Equipment & Facilities Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Health and Safety Manager
- Qualified Person
- QC Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager - Biologics Development
- Senior Validation Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager