Amazing Commercial Operations Director for visitor attraction in South East of UK
Howletts Wild Animal Park and & Port Lympne Reserve are established visitor attractions based in Kent.
The two parks work in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation, a charity committed to the protection of rare and endangered animals through captive breeding and reintroduction projects.
Howletts and Port Lympne both have tons to offer: day visitor experiences, educational insights, activities, amazing weddings and events and various unique overnight accommodation options including hotels, lodges, tree houses, cottages and camping pods.
Commercial Operations Director
Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Reserve
We are recruiting an experienced Commercial Operations Director to head up the commercial arm of the organisation and to act as number 2 to the MD.
The key purpose of the role is to provide financial and operational direction to the commercial departments of the business ensuring that all departments achieve budgeted profit.
With four senior department managers reporting directly to you; Hotel General Manager, Short Breaks Director, Short Breaks Sales & Revenue Manager, and the Group Retail and Catering Manager.
This post requires a senior level business professional with strong financial acumen and significant experience in a commercial role.
Ideally you would be fully qualified in accountancy, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), previous experience as FD or possibly FC would be a distinct advantage.
You will take responsibility for managing your department’s accounts, profit and loss control and provision of financial reports and forecasting to keep the business on track to achieve maximum profits through excellent financial controls and sourcing new business opportunities.
You will develop and implement business development strategies, this includes identifying new opportunities, developing new client relationships and creating business proposals.
Responsible for the planning and executing of both short and long term revenue deriving strategies of the organization you will be required to successfully handle both short and long-term commercial ventures, working closely with the Head of Marketing and PR and the Management Accountant.
We are currently developing and extending the short break accommodation options at Port Lympne Reserve and you will be required to act as project manager ensuring that various projects are completed within agreed deadlines, within budget and to an extremely high standard.
• 5 to 10 years' experience of successful commercial management in the Food and Beverage/Hotel/Leisure/Resort/Retail sectors
• Demonstrable management experience developing commercial strategy
• Strong financial acumen and a proven track record of maximising profits whist maintaining quality.
• Ideally qualified in accountancy (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and staff.
• Computer literate and able to oversee a number of different projects at different stages of development.
• Excellent project management and time management skills.
• Able to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve your goals.
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
Working hours are 40 hours a week worked over five days including weekends.
All applicants should hold a valid driving licence and have own vehicle to travel as needed between the two sites.
Please apply to Craig at COREcruitment with your current CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Please connect with LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/craigprentice
More Jobs from Core Recruitment
- Assistant General Manager - High End Restaurant - London
- Assistant Manager for Fresh Food Restaurant Brighton
- General Manager - HIGH END COUNTRY RESTAURANT
- Retail Multi Unit Manager
- Retail Multi Unit Manager
- Job Title: General Manager - Kingston Upon Thames
- Assistant Manager in Surrey, food led restaurant/pub, LIVE IN ROLE
- Assistant Manager in Canary Whaft - Lovely venue, mix of wet and dry sales
- Junior Assistant Manager - Wine Bar & Dining Concept - London (The City)
- General Manager - City of London, Wine bar, M-F site, 32/35k
- Account Manager
- Cleaning Account Manager
- Estates Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Business Development Manager
- Account Manager
- Patient Services Manager
- General Manager - Twickenham - lovely community pub, Â£30k live in
- Assistant Manager Opportunity / Expanding Foodie Company / Herts
- Front of House Manager - Country House Hotel in Hampshire - Â£30000