Hospital Operations Manager - Alameda/Highland
UHS seeks a People Leader for Highland/Alameda Hospital!
Manage a team of 8 hourly employee's in a 24/7 operation!
The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of a hospital-based Asset360 program, which includes managing the customer relationship and supervising employees who deliver medical equipment to patient rooms and standby locations, retrieve soiled equipment, clean and process equipment, conduct equipment tracking rounds throughout patient rooms and record each activity.
The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing equipment utilization, inventory and supplies and for participating in revenue growth activities to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of supervision/management experience and customer excellence experience.
Prior work experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry; an understanding of hospital medical equipment is preferred.
- Business and financial management expertise to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and customer profitability reports.
- Experience working in a time-critical environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as nights and emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Effectively builds credibility and trust with customer administration, clinicians and UHS staff.
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Responds positively to challenges and targets.
- Remains calm and self-controlled in the face of ambiguity and change.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Proactively manages customer on-site service program (i.e.
Asset360) and provides leadership and direction to all on-site employees to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Promotes communication among team members to create visibility for internal staff and the customer.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves customer and staff concerns, discrepancies and/or disagreements
- Makes sound and timely decisions.
- Partners with Divisional Operations Director, technical services staff, Account Executives and Operations Manager on customer meetings to promote revenue growth, cost containment and expansion of UHS' services with customer.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical equipment; knows UHS equipment by name, appearance and accessory list.
Conducts training for UHS and customer staff on medical equipment.
- Manages equipment inventory and par levels consistent with contract terms, pricing and policies.
- Manages missing and lost equipment, accessories and software upgrades.
- Develops staffing and on-call schedules based on demand.
- Understands and performs audits and periodic internal reviews to ensure proper business management practices are followed.
- Participates in hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control, Quality Control, Product Evaluation, Safety and Security Committees).
Integrates appropriate hospital protocols and processes into daily activities.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees.
Provides cross and lateral training, emphasizing continuous improvement and teamwork, and providing on-going feedback with focused action steps for areas of improvement.
- Holds self and staff accountable for completion of assignments.
- Ensures accurate documentation for billing and regulatory compliance.
- Understands UHS billing for account invoices and assists with account receivable collections.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Level II Key Drivers
- Manages an Asset360 program(s) that individually or collectively is a Tier 1 program based on revenue size, complexity and staffing demands
- Trains, mentors and on-boards new Hospital Operation Managers.
- Serves as part of training team for other members in division/region.
- Proven ability to and/or manages multiple sites.
- Uses customer facing skills to expand relationships in program, and excels at initiating solution-oriented discussions with the customer.
- Considered a subject matter expert with Asset360, medical equipment and office policies and procedures.
- Participates in new Asset360 implementations.
- Demonstrates superior understandings of UHS' service offerings and contractual obligations.
- Exhibits excellent presentation skills, conducting annual and quarterly customer reviews and in-servicing, and comfort in a group setting.
- Initiates and successfully implements continuous improvement efforts in office and account management.
- Demonstrates a high level of sales aptitude with customers, and identifies and brings opportunities to review as part of the territory planning process.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Biomedical Hospital on-site Leader (Houston)
- Specialty Sales Executive - Surgical - Denver, CO
- Software Engineer III/Sr Database Analyst
- Medical Delivery Driver - Salt Lake City (Full Time)
- HRIS Manager - Workday
- Technical Services Support Administrator - Temporary
- Hospital Service Technician F/T Jefferson City, MO M-F 11:30-8p
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Sat/Sun/Mon (NE)
- Hospital Service Technician -The Woodlands (PM's/Weekends)
- Hospital Service Technician - PT nights/Tulsa
- Strategic Account Executive - San Antonio OR McAllen Texas
- Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
- Hospital Service Technician - FT 2nd shift (Mem. City)
- Payroll Manager
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
- Medical Account Executive - Cleveland, OH
- Medical Equipment Processor/Cleaner - PT Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - FT
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Sat/Sun & Mon St Louis, MO
- Customer Service Technician - FT San Francisco