1st / 2nd Line Support - London - £24k - £28k
Are you keen to take your technical skills to the next level? We are looking for a 1st/2nd Line Engineer who provides outstanding customer service and enjoys working on tricky IT issues with the support of a great team in Central London.
With a diverse range of people and new technologies to work with, this is a role that will never get boring.
Skills and experience:
· Demonstrable excellent computer literacy skills with a flare to progress technically.
· MCSA / MCITP Server administrator or SQL Server accreditation.
· Communicate fluently and confidently to a high standard in both written and verbal English.
· Min 1-2 years exposure to infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nimsoft, Solarwinds or Nagios.
· Min 1-2 years experience with an IT service management tool such as TOPdesk, Service-Now, Changepoint or Remedy.
· ITIL v3 aware - this will be tested.
You will be a strong and professional 1st/2nd Line Engineer keen to work in a company where technology means everything.
As well as excelling in customer service, you will be highly technical and keen to stretch your skills with the support of a great team.
The company are seeking an individual with ambition and a hunger to progress in a technical career.
In return you'll be working in a vibrant and supportive working culture with excellent training and career progression.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in London, the company pioneered remote DBA support in the 1990's and is now the UK's leading provider of support for Database and PaaS environments.
They pride themselves on having a world class Oracle and Microsoft team that delivers innovative support, consultancy and managed cloud services to a wide range of mid-market and FTSE 100 clients, particularly those with mission-critical database architectures.
Recent acquisitions and external investment have further strengthened their position in the market and enhanced their ability to go the extra mile.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will assume a key role within a highly customer focused service desk.
Your core responsibilities will include owning the creation and continued management of incidents, problems, service & change request tickets, including the communication to internal & external stakeholders whilst considering SLA adherence (initial response and update frequency).
Driving the regular review of tickets with Senior Technical resources and 3rd party vendors, providing new and maintaining existing user accounts, access rights, mailboxes and hardware (laptop and mobile) for new and existing staff.
You'll be monitoring internal and remote customer environments, initiating standard first line troubleshooting / triage run-books as well as being the owner of standard (pre-approved) changes for the monitoring tool and customer environments.
You will be regularly reporting on production and composition, issuing to key stakeholders ahead of service review meetings.
You'll be managing a shared email inbox and calendar to ensure all customer communications are acknowledged and actioned in a timely fashion as well as all planned works are accurately captured in a ticket and scheduled on the monitoring tool.
You will need to communicate, delegate and escalate incidents to internal and external support tiers.
You will provide initial introuctions, training, on-going mentoring and coaching of new staff to ensure their effectiveness on the tools provided.
On a daily basis you will be managing the company's secure password system and CMDB as well as their knowledge management toolset including production of new knowledge articles.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
This opportunity offers a salary of up to £28k, depending on your experience.
The company also offer a whole host of benefits that will be disclosed to the successful candidate upon acceptance of the role.
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don't last long.
Submit your CV now, or give Sophie a call on 02030 966763 to discuss whether this role is right for you.
More Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
- Backend Web Developer - London - Up to £35K
- PHP Developer - London - £25K - £35K
- C#.Net Software Engineer - London - £30K - £40K
- 1st Line Support- Hampshire - £18k - £20k
- Project Manager - London - £35k - £45k
- Project Manager - London - £40k - £46k
- IT Systems Administrator - London - £50k - £65k
- Senior Back End Developer - London - £40k - £50k
- Senior Front End Developer- London - £40k - £50k
- HR Manager - London - £38k - £45k
- Software Project Manager - London - £40k - £50k
- MEAN Stack Developer - London - £60k - £65k
- Android Developer - London - £60k - £65k
- Service Desk Analyst - London - £28k - £33k
- Integrations Developer - London - £30k
- QA Tester - London - £28k
- IT Support - Central London - £20k - £22k
- 1st Line Support- Pottersbar - Up to £22k
- Junior Technical Consultant - London - £20K - £25K