Mental Health Care Assistant
Service Care Solutions are looking for Band 2 Mental Healthcare Assistants in the Manchester area.
The Trust is opening a new Adult Mental Health Unit and looking for an experienced team of staff to support the running of this paying between £10 and £14p/hr (Ltd).
The ward requires: 24 hour skilled and medical care to stabilise either sudden onset or reoccurring mental health conditions therefore there may be a possibility of working weekends and/or night shifts.
The post is working on a block booking basis for initially three months.
The multi-disciplinary teams (MDT) on each ward consist of experienced team of medical staff, nurses and occupational therapists who specialise in caring for adults of working age (16-65) and also work closely with the patients family to gain as full a picture as possible of the issues that led to admission.
The service offers careful assessment and treatment for a wide range of mental health needs focusing on each person's individual needs and concerns.
The aim is to keep the length of admission as short, but also as therapeutic as possible so that the individual can return home with the relevant package of care.
With this in mind the ward staff also works closely with community teams to ensure a seamless admission and discharge, enabling each person to return to their optimum health avoiding the anxiety surrounding hospital admission.
It is ESSENTIAL that the successful candidate will have substantial experience as a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker in a mental health role, preferably in a ward or inpatient environment.
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care would be a benefit, as well as significant experience in performing observations, with the ability to spot deterioration.
If interested please apply, or alternatively call Carly at Service Care Solutions on 01772208963.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Fostering Social Worker
- Procurement Administrator | Sunderland
- Mental Healthcare Assistants - Sussex
- Adults Social Work Assistant
- Team Manager – Assessment Team – Dudley
- Mental Healthcare Assistants - Essex
- Qualified Children's Social Worker
- Band 5 RMN
- Team Manager – Care Management Team – Dudley
- Painter & Decorator - Greater Manchester
- IT Service Desk Analyst - Northumbria
- Homelessness Officer, Adur
- Community Mental Health Social Worker Essex Council
- Substance Misuse Nurse
- Care Coordinator - South East London
- Qualified Childrens Social Worker
- Scheme Assistant / Business Assistant - Hastings, East Sussex
- Administration Assistant, Worthing
- Hospital Social Worker, Part Time Weekends, Central London
- Band 6 Occupational Health Nurse - Colchester, Essex