Concierge / Guest Services Assistant
Holiday Inn Solihull, 61 Homer Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3QD
*The Holiday Inn Solihull is currently undergoing an exciting refurbishment programme of all 120 bedrooms.
When completed we will be re-branding to a Crowne Plaza Hotel towards the end of 2016
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 19 properties in the UK and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Concierge / Guest Services Assistant role involves a range of duties, including: providing information, advice and booking services for a wide range of guest enquiries including city tours, theatre tickets and restaurants, train and flight information, delivering and safe storage of guest luggage, processing and delivering messages and ensuring all guest enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
As Concierge / Guest Service Assistant you are responsible for managing the first impressions of our guests and you will be a key point of contact throughout their stay.
Being totally focused on delivering excellent service with an informed, friendly and effective approach you will be in constant liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Concierge / Guest Services Assistant role include:
* Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
* Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
* Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
* Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
* Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
* Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in working in a hotel or customer service environment, and able to work flexible hours, on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
* Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
* Please visit http://valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Concierge / Guest Services Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Public Area Cleaner
- Guest Services Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Room Attendant
- Sous Chef
- Meeting & Events/Sales Executive
- Bar Supervisor
- Reception Supervisor
- Conference and Events Assistant Operational
- Night Porter
- Chef de Partie
- Commis Chef
- Leisure Club Assistant
- Conference and Events Coordinator
- Breakfast Waiter/ress
- Assistant Revenue Manager