Work Placement - Food & Beverage or Housekeeping or Kitchen from January 2017 - 12 months as part of degree course
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon,Bridgefoot, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire , CV37 6YR
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 12 properties in the UK and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Work Placement involves a range of duties to compliment your studies, in whichever department that your placement is in.
Generally, a placement student will remain in one department for the whole of their time with us, in order to gain a thorough insight into the operation of that department.
This role is suitable for individuals studying in Higher Education who are required to have a placement as part of their university/college course.
Generally, students will be studying on a course such as Hospitality Management, Events Management, Culinary Arts or Travel and Tourism.
The student will be required to ensure that the placement opportunities on offer are acceptable to their university/college to fulfil the requirements of their course.
By the end of your placement, you should have developed your supervisory management skills including communication, presentation, people management, selling and time management, together with specific departmental skills.
This will developed whilst supporting the department and management team that you are working with.
You should develop a full understanding of the department to which you have been allocated.
You should achieve the stated purposes of your placement from the university/college of which your placement fulfils part of your academic requirements.
You will work as a team member within the department and build on the skills that you acquire over the period of your placement
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Work Placement role include:
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
* Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
* Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
* Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
* Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
* Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
* Providing clear and timely information to internal and external contacts by telephone, e-mail and face-to-face
* Excellent time management to enable fulfilment of work requirements and university/college projects.
* Flexibility to work in any area and to take on projects set by management.
The successful applicant must be studying for a relevant qualification for which a placement forms part of their course.
A willingness to learn, develop and be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week
In return we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including: the use of the hotel leisure facilities, uniform, meals on duty, and regular liaison with your university/college tutor by yourself and the hotel management team in order to ensure that you fulfil the requirements of your qualification.
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
The Crowne Plaza Stratford upon Avon is a luxurious hotel, with recently refurbished public areas with a continental feel and 259 refurbished bedrooms.
We are located on the banks of the River Avon with a Riverside Carvery, Terrace Lounge and Bar, G's Bar, 14 Conference and Meeting Rooms with a maximum capacity of 550 delegates and Health and Fitness Centre.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Work Placement position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
You will be redirected to an external application process.
- Start: January 2017
- Duration: 12 months
- Rate: 13936 Per Annum
- Location: CV37 6YR, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Contact: Stevie Gray
- Tel: 01789 272808
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Work Placement
- Posted: 2016-10-12 23:35:05 -
- View all Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Commis Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Assistant *CHRISTMAS WORK*
- Night Porter
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Bar Person
- Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Maintenance Assistant
- Reception Supervisor
- Chef de Partie
- Maintenance Handy Person
- Operations Manager
- Assistant Night Manager
- Conference and Events Assistant ( Christmas Contract)
- Assistant Food and Beverage Services Manager
- Head Housekeeper
- Public Area Cleaner
- Guest Services Manager
- Chef de Partie