Position: PLC Engineer (Experienced or Graduate)
Location: Biddulph, Stoke-on-Trent
Salary: £24,000 - £34,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Our client is a leading global supplier of security inspection systems.
Since 1993, they have installed over 70,000 products in more than 100 countries.
Their systems are in use at airports, government and corporate buildings, postal facilities, military zones, sea ports and border crossings.
With their experience, dedication and customer support, they provide innovative and dependable security solutions to their customers worldwide.
The PLC Engineer Role:
The primary purpose of this PLC Engineer position is to take a lead role in the development of PLC code and subsequent electrical system commissioning for the full range of Cargo and Vehicle Inspection products.
You will be involved in writing code for PLC's mainly CodeSys and Rockwell.
Key Responsibilities of the PLC Engineer:
- Program PLC’s for complex automated X-Ray Scanners using Rockwell and IFM control platforms
- Managing the development, implementation, test and maintenance of software work within the project assigned
- Support to field service engineers
- Controls Engineering and Data Capture
- Commissioning machines for validation and testing
- Program Inverter Drives
- Program Safety Systems
- Fault finding and breakdowns
- Experience in communications protocols such as Ethernet (UDP/TCP) and CAN
- Operator Interface Design
- Adhere to Quality Control processes and procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to Operating Procedure and the processes of continuous improvement.
Experience & Attributes Required:
- A strong background with Rockwell PLC and CodeSys code writing is required for this role - preferably with a mixture of process and machinery background
- Any experience of automating machinery and plants would be a big advantage
- The ability to work with others in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced product development environment
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment
- PLC control experience and fault finding essential
- Must be available for extensive travel both in and outside of the UK
- A degree or HNC in electrical engineering is preferred although equivalent Automation experience will be considered
If you are interested in this PLC Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: £24,000 - £34,000 DOE
- Location: Biddulph,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Contact: Candidate Services
- Tel: 01457 851142
- Fax: 01457 862214
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: HS/M186/PLCE-0911
- Posted: 2016-10-12 15:34:08 -
- View all Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
More Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Warehouse Operative
- Electronic Repairs Technician
- Service Spares & Logistics Coordinator
- Preventative Maintenance Scheduler
- Powertrain Engineer - Automotive
- Service Administrator
- Quality Engineer
- Junior Java Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Nanny / Personal Assistant
- Electronics & Embedded Software Engineer
- IT Specialist
- Junior Application Support Engineer
- Customer Experience Agent
- Sales Order Co-Ordinator
- Customer Service Administrator
- Customer Service & Sales Team Leader
- Driver - HGV (Class 2)
- Diesel Feature Software Engineer